First trip to the track with the GENII

SLEEPERBUSA

Registered
I brought the new Busa to the drag strip in Evadale Texas.
With 199 miles on the clock, I made my first pass down the 1/4 mile.
The bike is completely stock, just lowered. That's it!!
To set the stage, it was 107 degrees and the humidity had us at over 4,400' elevation. I weigh 250 before gear and haven't been down the drag strip in over 2 years.
The first 2 passes were a 10.11.
I wheelied and had to lift to a 10.25.
The best was a 10.04 at 140 mph.
I could taste the 9s, but it wasn't to be had that day.
I'm not gonna do another mod to the bike until I get that first 9 second time slip. I have a brand new Sumo header, a Brock clutch mod, Cycle-Tek air shifter, and will have JohnnyCheese tune it with Greg's ECU editor after that. I'll probably gear it at that point too.
It's not as quick as I would have liked, but overall, given the conditions, I guess I'm ok with a 10.04, for my first trip to the track.......:whistle:

Let the Density Altitude get closer to 2500’ and you’ll have your 9!

Not bad for a stock bike. Do you plan doing any motor work to this bike?

:rofl::rofl:

If it has a starter, I'll be in it sooner or later.........:cheerleader:

The plan is to put on the billet cylinder, which will make it a 1475cc, Carpenter head and cams. :please:

Professor,
The cooler weather has already started to show.
I'm thinkin late Sept, early Oct.

Then the Texas Mile Oct 22.
:beerchug:

Why are you going to use the billet cylinder block. You do know it does'nt have water jackets in it? btw Pretty good times for the 1st time on the track with it. :thumbsup:

Mine is a SBM block. It has water jackets.
I had a SBM 1255cc cylinder on a ZX-11 that made 180.7hp and ran cooler than the stock cylinder.
I am looking for 230-240hp on the motor.:thumbsup:

Oh ok . The only one that I have seen is made by MPS I think and those don't have water jackets. Didnt know that another company was doing billet cylinders.

Last edited:
What gearing do you run on it? I drag race mine and am using 16/50. low 1.60 60' times. I do weigh 380 pounds suited. best time so far is 9.88 best speed is 141.4 mph.
I launch at 8000 and shift @ 11,500 as indicated on the tach, but the factory tach is off by 300 rpms, so I actually shift @ 11,200.

Right now it's completely stock. Gearing and all. I even ran it with the mirrors still upright.
I plan on only adding 2 teeth to the rear sprocket when I do gear it. For now anyway. Everything here is subject to change after I have a nap. :rofl:

Ok,
I went back tonight.
I was trying to wait for a 9 second pass before the mods began, but the Texas Mile is only 2 weekends away, so I had to get the header on.
I put the header on and Johnny tuned it.
It made 185hp and 110 tq.

I went to the track and went a 9.71 at almost 146mph, with a crummy 1.73, 60'.
I need seat time.
There is an easy 9.50 in this thing.

Great runs! I am going Friday for my second trip to the track. First time I was completely stock including stock height. I ran a best of 10.6 @ 139MPH. I weigh 240 before dinnertime:whistle: . the best 60' I could manage was 2.0 and that time it wheelied :banghead: . Now I have the bike lowered w/adj links in rear and soupys(1") in front. I also have a strap. Do you have any guesses what kind of improvement I might see? I also noticed in the pic that you removed the seat??? Any other tricks you can share??:please: Im sure sitting on the battery really helps with us bigger riders. I figure thats a 1 1/2" drop for body weight. Dominic Anderson removed mine when he made a pass on it at the end of the night last time.(after he broke his BMW)he ran 10.1. Im hoping to get well in the 9's at stock length eventually.

That's right.
I remove the seat and sit on a small pad. It allows me to get "into" the bike a little better.
I never ran at stock height so I'm not sure?
I wanted to run the 9s before I did anything, but time is running out.
Good luck and let us know how you do.

Josh,
come visit. I'll be hangin with TFA, ya know.

Will do! :thumbsup:

I'll probably make a lunch run to town on Sat so if you want something, let me know then... :beerchug:

Back