1st real ride on the busa today

Stilslo

Registered
Hello everybody, just bought a new 2011 hayabusa on monday. It was 70 plus degrees here in northern va. today, so I took off early from work to ride. I just sold my cbr600f4i to buy this, first bike over 600cc for me. Got a lot of info browsing this site before I bought it and I have to say this is a great forum. Drove for 135 miles, mostly twisty back roads. Kept it under 5k rpm for most of the ride as the manuel suggested for break-in. To be honest, I was expecting a totally differant experience from this bike. Listening to too many people who probabley have never even ridden a hayabusa. The power is so smooth and pulls hard in every gear. Dont have to shift down to 6k like the cbr, just twist the throttle. This bike is not near as bad in the twistys as people say. It's differant for sure. That first dip in the corner felt scary, but by the end of the ride I was very comfortable leaning into turns. 3.5 gallons for the first 135 miles, i"ll do the math later. Thanks to all the people who responded to my post before I bought the bike for the informed info. Now just have to figure out how to pull the tail off to install the mud flap delete and order a new seat this week, that stocker is hard on the butt.

You forgot to tell us which color! Jeeze...this is important stuff!

Whats the story with the mudflap delete? I havent heard of this (I am new) but I have a litte time cleaning (understatement) mine so does this make the rear shock more visible?

I don't think you have to pull the tail to delete the mud flap, its been too long. But I know it just bolts on. Look on the genII section under the pinned topics. Blanca has a how to in there. Your fuel mileage will improve after break in, or at least mine did.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You forgot to tell us which color! Jeeze...this is important stuff!

Whats the story with the mudflap delete? I havent heard of this (I am new) but I have a litte time cleaning (understatement) mine so does this make the rear shock more visible?

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...45-any-you-guys-miss-smaller-sportbike-3.html ~~~~~~~~~~~~> The Slowest COLOR:whistle:

:banghead: Another busa owner tricked into getting the slowest color....:duh: its so sad !!!

:laugh:

Congrats, glad you like it... And :welcome:

If you haven't been much over 5k rpm, and you think it pulls hard now...you're in for a nice suprise.:laugh:

For one .. If there is not a picture the bike does not exist! :laugh:

Take it over 5000rpm alittle.. just make sure it warmed up good. There have been many threads about busa breakin.

Congrats on the ride and welcome!

Hi and :welcome:

FWIW, this is how I ran mine in, MPH:-
2 to 125 5500 RPM
125 to 250 6500 RPM
260 to 375 7500 RPM
375 to 600 Max for short bursts then 1st service, job done.

Have now got 2K on her.
And on the above regime, managed to stay out of Jail

Best regards Stretch

Busa 014.jpg

Good info, I'll get into her harder next ride. I didn't have to remove the tail to pull off the mud flap, I need to do it to reroute the license plate light behind my new bracket and to get to those nuts behind the reflectors. I thought for sure those were just screwed in, what a pain.

Heat Cycling is suggested for breaking in newer engines. Put it under a load let it wind back down, the worst thing you can do with a new engine is keep it at the same RPM.. Heat up cool down heat up cool down this expands and contracts the eternal engine parts allowing them to fit.
5K? I dont think the secondary butterflys are open yet? Crank her up to 7500 thats where the fun begins.
:thumbsup:
Good luck on your new ride, learn the feel and how she reacts, the busas are great corner carvers and peg scraping isnt hard to accomplish. Wait to you change out the OEM blockstone tires and put ya some good tires on and you will feel a new handling machine as a train on tracks.

Back