1900cc hayabusa resurrected!

how much cam would you need to put more power closer to 9k? i can't wait to see the dyno. do you have any pics of the headwork? also, are you doing those wicked cool shaftless throttle bodies? i'm sure this monster would gobble all the air you could throw at it.

Once this one is up and running and we pull it down and inspect and make sure we have no further issues I will build one with wild cams and big throttle bodies. I still have my old chassis to throw it back in to. Its all about time which seems to short these days. It only took me 7 yrs to get this one back together :(

They're ports are to long.
how much cam would you need to put more power closer to 9k? i can't wait to see the dyno. do you have any pics of the headwork? also, are you doing those wicked cool shaftless throttle bodies? i'm sure this monster would gobble all the air you could throw at it.

It's a handfull on the streets have an all motor with lots of power. The turbo bicks seem to have a friendly street setup since it builds power with rpm. Plus they're not stuck at say 300hp like most all motors.
Wow! 260hp normally aspirated!
I think I'd rather have a setup like that than a turbo? Maybe?

still :drool: over this. If i was rich i would have 3 hayabusas. 1 an all motor monster like this. 1 turbo busa. and 1 daily driver busa with all comfort mods and to look nice

Why go that big for only 260hp ? I can get that with my 1397 w/spray . It sounds cool but whats the advantage of doing all that work and cash?

the problem with offset bores seems to be the chamber and port alignment...while being able to pick up power from the cubes, you dont get the full benefits because of the severe shrouding...there are ways to do it...but it becomes a point of how much time and money you are willing to spend...The 1600s i have done in the past make decent power the best being alittle over 280, but I have also done 1510 with 86mm that make alittle over 250, and even still the last 1441 I did for a customer in greece made 241 over there.. so I am currently working on a 1510 with a different head configuration....it should make 270...but it will be dry, and will need to spin 12k rpm.....so i guess i will see how it goes.....

The motor looks nice, good luck with the project...:thumbsup:

Thanks. I've just notices the preovoius threads on this back in 2004. I'm determined to get one of these back in a bike sometime this year and see what we can get out of it. :)

Well we got her in the chassis and it all went pretty smooth. My customer forgot his Powercommander so I ended up trying to get the best out of it with just fuel pressure adjustment. We had so little time but the results not bad considering the power loss through those offroad tyres. They were ripping up somewhat. 240 whp and 155 lb.ft torque.

DSC02377.JPG

DSC02378.JPG

DSC02379.JPG

DSC02380.JPG

DSC02381.JPG

Back