1900cc hayabusa resurrected!

ROTREXPOWER

Donating Member
Registered
I designed and had made enough parts for 5 1900cc engine back about 7 years ago. The parts required were a 71.5mm stroker crank with rod centres moved out to 94mm centres. 91mm pistons, with valve offsets to suit stock head, billet barrel, much taller to accommodate longer rods, longer head studs, longer cam chain and new clutch basket and clutch gear moved round the basket to mate with the new position of the crank primary gear. Well I built one motor and ran it on the dyno with a stock head, reground cams and a one off exhaust, it made 260 bhp and 160 lb/ft of torque. I ran it at one airfield drag meet with an almost stock bike (4 inch over). With lots of wheelies i pulled several 9.7's all over 157mph. Stripped the motor the next week and found the crank manufacturers had made an error which had caused the thrust races to be squeezed out of place. The crank makers made me 5 new cranks but until now I never got it back together. Its going in an Autograss car ( ovals on dirt ) and we hope to be testing in a few weeks time. Here's some pictures.

DSC02095.JPG

DSC02096.JPG

DSC02097.JPG

DSC02098.JPG

DSC02099.JPG

cylinder walls... WHO NEEDS EM! wasted space!

LOL, impressive... cant believe walls that thin are holding together....

That does look very thin... Im guessing you couldnt put any boost to it could you? I couldnt imagine a 1900cc busa under boost... :drool:

there's 4mm between the cyl. It's billet not cast, even though it looks cast. It looks that way as the bore plating was etched off and then replated as there was a problem at the platers. the result was they etched the outside to. Peak power was at 8k even though it still revs to 11k. Boost would be pushing your luck maybe. My other cylinderrs are not bored right out yet and I think I can squeeze a mm more offset to get more bore to bore wall clearance.

if you build one and don't know what to do with it, i'll trade you for my stock motor. i won't even charge you:rofl: very sick, can't wait to see it running.

with the offset there's alot more meat between the cylinders. My 85mm OE block bore had much thinner walls. Made good power at 10k.

what kind of crank? offset as well?
there's 4mm between the cyl. It's billet not cast, even though it looks cast. It looks that way as the bore plating was etched off and then replated as there was a problem at the platers. the result was they etched the outside to. Peak power was at 8k even though it still revs to 11k. Boost would be pushing your luck maybe. My other cylinderrs are not bored right out yet and I think I can squeeze a mm more offset to get more bore to bore wall clearance.

Back