All motor 1340 cc build

dunne82

Registered
hello guys, I am new to the hayabusa.org forum, my name is Jairo
I have an 02 busa that ran his best 9,31 sec on the quarter mile bone stock engine (24057) miles on it) with bolt ons.
Now I am rebuilding the engine, with a 08 crank, rods and pistons, slighty ported head, brocks 386 intake cam with the intake on the exhaust side with ape degree wheels.
what kind of hp output should I be expecting from this setup?
greets
jairo

That's a good question. I don't think anyone has done that in the group before. I think usually if they swap the crank they also do the block and make it a 1441. Im curious also as to what the experts think. My guess is somewhere around 190 hp.

You can get 190 easy out of just a gen2 engine with full exhaust and tuning, so why not spend the money to build a gen2 engine and swap the engine out

Depending on tune, exhaust etc.
Thing could run good could be a stone, The head is where its at, You can get over 200hp with stock gen 1 with carpenter head and cam package and pistons, adding 2 mill stroke is good idea but if you dont add anything else for get it.

It is a combination of parts, take the time and do it once,
What pipe are you running, what kind of tuner PC of Bazzaz etc. proof is in the tune but my guess it will make low 200 if head is good Brett

I run a Gen-1 motor in my old Busa and a Gen-2 in my B-King.
One thing I keep hearing from folk is the Gen-2 is great but the Gen-1 with its thicker barrels
and non-titanium valves is tougher and more tuner friendly. Not sure if that overall or just for
specific tunes? Maybe now the Gen-2 has had more time and R&D its less relevant ?

Back