18/46 gearing thoughts

TheEmeraldBiker

Registered
Hi guys I'm going to change my chain and sprockets on my gen 2 soon and want to change the gearing a bit. I was thinking 18/46 but just wanted other people's opinions on it who have tried it or are currently running the same?

It will increase your acceraltion quite a bit. However on the downside it will lower your top speed about 15 MPH.

What these guys said. You looking to roast tires off thats the way to go.

I don't really do much long distance riding, The majority of the roads I ride are twisty, fast sweeping back roads. I don't mind losing a bit off the top end as long as it makes up for it in wheelies!! :D

I had a 45 on the rear of my 09 and loved it. The front would get light easily in 1st and 2nd.

I don't really do much long distance riding, The majority of the roads I ride are twisty, fast sweeping back roads. I don't mind losing a bit off the top end as long as it makes up for it in wheelies!! :D

hi man from the green isle :)

if you want more wheely take 17 / 45 instead of 18/46 (or origin 18/43) - you will loose around 40 km/h at max speed, but, i guess, you will have your "fight with the wild-horse-like front wheel" . :D
(and if 17/45 is too much reduce to 17/44 - replacing the rear is not a lot of work and if you take a normal steel one, also not so very expensive)

the chain configurator of my chain dealer (mykettenkit.de) here in berlin say:
for 17/45 you can use the "old" chain with its origin 114 links (same at 18/46)
at 18/46 you need 2 links more
at 18/45 the old may fit

other theme:
"twisty, fast sweeping back roads" - increase the agility of the busa to its optimum - i strongly recommend :D
by :
front 15 mm lower
rear 30 mm higher
760mm superbike bar

dear believe in me - gen1 or gen2 doesn´t matter - that way changed you WILL think you got more or less an enduro like motobike,
so easy the busa gets by these changes at your roads - you will get a 3 finger steering like on a bicycle .
you will :bowdown: to your busa .
i just had this feeling last summer at the alpes roads no 75 / 85 (grenoble to nice)

Last edited:
Hi guys I'm going to change my chain and sprockets on my gen 2 soon and want to change the gearing a bit. I was thinking 18/46 but just wanted other people's opinions on it who have tried it or are currently running the same?
I went up to a 45 in the rear and with the quick turn throttle I love it, I'm not one to pull my front tire up but even as heavy as I am it's easily done with the 45 so if your looking to wheelie the 46 should give u what u want :thumbsup:

Back