175, fastest so far.

I've been up to 175+.......hard to look at the speedo though when your eyeballs are pushed back into the back of your skull.....almost flew off when I decided to slow down and sat up----whoa----next time I'll stay tucked until 130 or so.
That will make the Pucker factor escalate in a hurry. Keep tucked or become a statistic!!!!LOL.

worried about cops at 175? d00d they only go 130!

LOL at 175 cops are the LEAST of your worries, by the time they hit 60 from a dead stop you're home watching tv

If I speed, I keep it up above 130, been doing it for 40,000 miles and havent gotten a single ticket on a motorcycle yet

:-)

Mike

That is the Busa braking system. Works just like a chut hoping. SITUP SLOW DOWN.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

worried about cops at 175? d00d they only go 130!

LOL at 175 cops are the LEAST of your worries, by the time they hit 60 from a dead stop you're home watching tv

If I speed, I keep it up above 130, been doing it for 40,000 miles and havent gotten a single ticket on a motorcycle yet

:-)

Mike
Very true, the one clocking you is pretty much S.O.L., but if he's part of a wolfpack with a 2-3 mile spread, common technique for highway enforcement initiatives, you're gonna be in a world of hurt if they radio ahead. Worse yet, they'll probably have spike strips in that other vehicle...not a good thing to encounter at 150+, I'd imagine, unless you've been meaning to try out for NASA...

Remember, with the initiatives in low-cost (non-turbine) helicopters available today, you'd drop your jaw to know how many po-dunk counties have on-call pursuit birds available. Yes, this would be more the exception than the norm, but don't be so blind as to presume that you're 95% safe from apprehension just because of the speed you can go...make it more like 65%...is it worth the chance? C'mon, at LEAST keep it to remote roads...and I swear this is the last post where I'll talk about LE issues...you're all big boys, just PLEASE think of the safety of OTHERS...

Back