1441 to 1507

busakiller

Registered
Is it worth the xtra coin to go from a 1441 to a 1507 motor?

What advantages and disadvantages to I get with going with the stroker crank? Yes I know it should make more power and troque……

Refreshing my 1441 motor after popping a headgasket this year racing and I’m very happy with how it performed and feel like it has more left in it.

I'm in the process of making some repairs to my 1441. The short of it is I hurt the stock Gen 2 crank. I bought an APE 68 mm crank which will put me to 1507.

First issue I ran into his I will have to measure bearing clearances and possibly try more than one bearing combination to get them right. The crank does not have the dimensions of the journals specified on the sheet. The only way to get the install right is to measure and check everything. The crank looks really nice and I think I'll be worth the effort but is definitely more work than just putting stock bearings back in.

I will be using a .063 spacer along with the stock base gasket. This should give me the same piston to head clearance that I had with the stock crank. I'm not going for maximum compression, I want to run on pump gas like I was before.

If nothing else I think it will be fun hopefully it is a good improvement.... It is probably going to be a month before my bike is back on the road.

Back