1441 Hard Starting Battery Opinions

just dont get a shorai lithium battery! ive gone through 2 in 2 yrs and they are junk. They cant stand a little cold weather. Dont waste your money like i did.

No lithium batteries like the cold. You can use one battery to start a 1441. The zx14 is a 1441 from the factory and it uses one battery. Two batteries will work for sure. If you use the shorai battery, ask for the big one thats used in a harley. its about 360cca.

I ended up with just the regular battery and a little 12V from a lawn mower or something and the 24 volts works like a charm and spins that starter super fast.

what about the slow crank option in ecueditor, i'd read it was for big blocks, but i'm not sure what it changes.

It's not the size of the engine but the few out there who opted for more than 12.5 to 1 compression that will feel the pain. I have 13.5 to 1 CP pistons so 24V was needed.

24v is where its at. It doesnt matter how you do it but its the voltage that makes the starter more powerful, not a bigger battery. You can take and put a full sized car battery inline with the starter and it will still struggle @ 12 volts.

The crank option in ECU Editor is an option that should be enabled. i believe it allows the coils to fire at a lower RPM. it should aid in starting.

Back