139 DB 12V HORN MOD?

i dunno i just installed my horns from wolo, they said only if the original horn uses a one wire hook up or if i wanted to add a switch to it should the relay be used other wise just use the original wires and original button, which is what i did, and those horns are loud as hell, i wouldnt want them any louder...
i just recieved my wolo air horn and i tapped into the two wire going to the oem horn but the air horns didnt work what am i doing wrong here

i dunno i just installed my horns from wolo, they said only if the original horn uses a one wire hook up or if i wanted to add a switch to it should the relay be used other wise just use the original wires and original button, which is what i did, and those horns are loud as hell, i wouldnt want them any louder...
i just recieved my wolo air horn and i tapped into the two wire going to the oem horn but the air horns didnt work what am i doing wrong here
When you press the horn button does the compressor make noise?
If the compressor sounds like its pumping air and the horns are connected to the compressor but they are not making any noise, try to switch the wires.
On the bottom of the compressor it has to connections and the OEM horn has to wires try connecting each wire to each terminal.
What happens is if you put the wrong wire to the wrong terminal it reverses the flow of air in the compressor, so it’s sucking air out of the horn instead of pushing air through it.

However if its not making any noise at all, I don’t know why it wouldn’t, check the obvious...key is turned on, fuses aren’t blown out...
If you cant find anything wrong in that way reconnect you stock horn see if it will work if it does I’d say it’s something wrong with the wolo horn....

WHEN I PRESS THE BUTTON NOTHING HAPPENS LIKE THERES NO POWER GOING THOUGH I HOOKED THE WOLO HORN STAR8 TO A BATTERY IT WORKS CAUSE MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING I ALSO CONNECTED THE OEM HORN AND IT STILL WORKS SO I KNOW I HAVENT BLOWN A FUSE DO YOU THINK I WOULD NEED TO CONNECT THE RELY WHAT AIR HORN DID YOU PURCHASEI GOT THE 402 MODEL DID I GET THE WRONG ONE

WHEN I PRESS THE BUTTON NOTHING HAPPENS LIKE THERES NO POWER GOING THOUGH I HOOKED THE WOLO HORN STAR8 TO A BATTERY IT WORKS CAUSE MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING I ALSO CONNECTED THE OEM HORN AND IT STILL WORKS SO I KNOW I HAVENT BLOWN A FUSE DO YOU THINK I WOULD NEED TO CONNECT THE RELY WHAT AIR HORN DID YOU PURCHASEI GOT THE 402 MODEL DID I GET THE WRONG ONE
yeah i got the 402 model, two balck horns with red compressor.
thats very odd.
like i said b4 i just wired it up using the oem wires and when i hit that button it just blasts loud as hell.

obviusly there isnt somethin wrong with the horn if it worked from a battery...

other ppl on the forum are saying they needed a relay, but i dont know how to wire that up.

what year busa do you have?

i cant imagine that makeing a diff but i cant figure out why it wont work for you.

SPEEDMON: SORRY I DIDN'T GET BACK TO YOU SOONER BUT I HAVE BEEN REAL BUSY. DO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE HAVE A GOOD DETAILED PHOTO OF INSTALLING THE RELAY FOR THE STEBEL HORN OR ANY HORN FOR THAT MATTER? I DON'T WANT TO CUT ANYTHING UNTIL I CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT WIRE CONNECTS WHERE ON THE RELAY ITSELF. THANKS
wink.gif

I HAVE AN 04 BLK AND PLUM ALSO WHERE DID YOU MOUNT YOUR HORNS AND THE COMPRESSOR
rock.gif
???
like i said i doubt it has anythin to do with the year of the bike, mine is an 05...

the horn and compressor i zip tied to the outside of the ram air duct on the right side.

the compressor works best when it is standing upright.
the 2 hors are kinda overlaping eachother on top of the air duct just over the right turn siganl.

the only thing i had to do was extend the stock horn wires to reach where i put the compressor.

just take your time try diff places and put the front fairing on and make sure it clears everything i had to do it a few times b4 nothing was touching.
i will try to get some pics in the next few days.

I HAVE AN 04 BLK AND PLUM ALSO WHERE DID YOU MOUNT YOUR HORNS AND THE COMPRESSOR
rock.gif
???
like i said i doubt it has anythin to do with the year of the bike, mine is an 05...

the horn and compressor i zip tied to the outside of the ram air duct on the right side.

the compressor works best when it is standing upright.
the 2 hors are kinda overlaping eachother on top of the air duct just over the right turn siganl.

the only thing i had to do was extend the stock horn wires to reach where i put the compressor.

just take your time try diff places and put the front fairing on and make sure it clears everything i had to do it a few times b4 nothing was touching.
i will try to get some pics in the next few days.
PIC'S WOULD BE GREAT! I AM AT A STAND STILL RIGHT NOW AND MY HORN SOUNDS LIKE CRAP. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I WISH ICEMAN WOULD FIND THAT OLD POST HE HAD A WHILE BACK. HE HAD SOME GREAT STEP BY STEP PIC'S.

I'M ALL SET, FOUND THE POST.  
biggrin.gif
how bout a link bro?
thanx
Man glad ta help. Ref the horns. There are alot of them out there to buy. If you can get metal ones they last longer and handle the vibrations better. I now have a 5 horn system. ALL in the nose section.

Here is my two horn original system.
CLICK HERE

not mine but here is another way to do it.

Click here as well

Some suggestions. If you use any kind of "zip" tie to secure the horn and you have plastic horns, and you put the zip tie around the "neck" of the actual horn....DONT ZIP IT SO TIGHT. allow alittle room/slop to give when you hit bumps and wheelies. Angle the horns downward a tad tk keep water/bugs etc out of it.

Use automotive hoses not the cheap stuff it comes with. It cracks.

If you have "longer" horns you can mount them in the back tail section between the body and the plastics. Out side the trunk if you will but still under the tail section. (dead space area).

Watch for binds in the hose if you go from front to rear. Dont hamper your steering by not seeing it.

JD

--------------

-ICE-

Glad I could help. Dont do like I did and get it all done to figure out you didnt turn on the key for the horn button to work.

JD:p

Back