Aftermarket horn?

Dozerdriver

Registered
Well I went to use my horn the other day it it made a awful sound. I took it off today and tried to get it loosened up and sounding better but it isn't happy. I seen some people are using the Stebel horn but not sure if I need all that. The stock horn is over 50 bucks and I rarely use it ( loud pipe works better ) but I do once in awhile. Anyone find any horns that work good to replace the stock one. Thanks, Dozer.

Most all the auto parts stores in this area have high and low tone (louder than stock too)stock size horns on the shelf for under $20.

Pashnit sells the PIAA 115 dB Horn which i believe is the loudest one that bolts and wires up in the stock position...scroll about 1/2 way down this page :beerchug:

click linky

Anyone had any luck mounting one of the Stebel Nautilus horns to the Busa? That's a big horn, but makes lots of noise.

Yes, there are many using it. I had one on my 600 before the busa. You can separate the compressor from the horn and mount only the horn under the front cowl. I put my compressor under the panel next to the instrument cluster, works like a champ and it fills the same footprint as the stock horn.

Found the link: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/electrical-mods/80752-air-horn-mod.html

Well I went to use my horn the other day it it made a awful sound. I took it off today and tried to get it loosened up and sounding better but it isn't happy. I seen some people are using the Stebel horn but not sure if I need all that. The stock horn is over 50 bucks and I rarely use it ( loud pipe works better ) but I do once in awhile. Anyone find any horns that work good to replace the stock one. Thanks, Dozer.

The value in a horn is not how many times you use it it's in it working the one time you need it. I highly recommend the air horn and I love mine. Besides it's only $30 bucks!

If you have your heart set on the stock horn though, I will send you mine for free. I'm pretty sure it still work, it's been sitting on the shelf for a few months.

PM me if you want it.

The value in a horn is not how many times you use it it's in it working the one time you need it. I highly recommend the air horn and I love mine. Besides it's only $30 bucks!

If you have your heart set on the stock horn though, I will send you mine for free. I'm pretty sure it still work, it's been sitting on the shelf for a few months.

PM me if you want it.

Price isn't really the issue...I just wanted something that wasn't overpriced like the stock one. I appreciate the offer of your stock one and if I don't see any at the local autoparts store I will PM you... :beerchug:

Most all the auto parts stores in this area have high and low tone (louder than stock too)stock size horns on the shelf for under $20.

I seen the Wolo on the advance autoparts website that might be the ones you are talking about....I will stop there after work tomorrow.

Ok..the auto parts horn works great. Easy to install and the factory plug works with it...and it is louder. It is the Wolo loud one high tone.

0330111654.jpg

I just bent the mounting tab a bit and went in. Little help holding the horn in place. Nice sounding horn and a good attention getter! Thanks Tim.
:thumbsup:

Back