Replacement Horn

enjoymentman

Registered
Does anyone know of a direct replacement for the stock horn. I am looking for one that would just be "plug and play" and loud......

No direct replacement, but have seen several folks use the Stebel Nautilus airhorn.

the air horn rocks, it will fit in the stock location if you are at stock height.

But if you are lowered even 1/2 inch it wont work.

I have just received a brand new electric clamshell horn from Stebel to evaluate. This is a new-generation clamshell that is supposed to be The $hit. The packaging says 139dB at 2 meters....which is pretty damn loud (same as the Nautilus air horn!)

HOWEVER, what makes these babies special is that unlike that ginormous Nautilus air horn, this brand-new Stebel clamshell horn is identical in size to the stock horn! Sweet! :agree:

I'll be experimenting with them this weekend, and post up results.... :cool:

Thanks guys. The air horn's out for me, I want to lower the front say 1/2". It would be great to know what you think Warchild...............

Last edited:
I have just received a brand new electric clamshell horn from Stebel to evaluate. This is a new-generation clamshell that is supposed to be The $hit. The packaging says 139dB at 2 meters....which is pretty damn loud (same as the Nautilus air horn!)

HOWEVER, what makes these babies special is that unlike that ginormous Nautilus air horn, this brand-new Stebel clamshell horn is identical in size to the stock horn! Sweet! :agree:

I'll be experimenting with them this weekend, and post up results.... :cool:

The Nautilus air horn is 115 dB @ 2 meters, the 139 dB figure is for 4 inch. The figures from Stebel can be a bit confusing and give the impression that the horns are much louder than they actually are. The sound level goes down by 6 dB per distance doubling. This means that the Nautilus horn will only produce 103 db at 8 meters and 97 dB at 16 meters etc. It is great though that the new horn will replace the stock unit.

The Nautilus air horn is 115 dB @ 2 meters, the 139 dB figure is for 4 inch. The figures from Stebel can be a bit confusing and give the impression that the horns are much louder than they actually are. The sound level goes down by 6 dB per distance doubling. This means that the Nautilus horn will only produce 103 db at 8 meters and 97 dB at 16 meters etc. It is great though that the new horn will replace the stock unit.

Read a review on www.webbikeworld.com saying pretty much the same same thing, in that comparison, they touted Hella as the best horn. My ideal though is something that would require little or no modification.........

Back