Horn for Busa!!

johnnybighit

Registered
I don't use it a lot, but I was wondering if there was a replacement Horn that didn't sound so damn whimpy?!

The stock horn really doesn't do much, nor is it loud enough for those auto people to really hear you when you're on a highway.

Any replacements out there such as a Semi-Truck air horn? Something that will wake them up. :whistle:

thanks

Im at work right now so I cant do it.

Someone post up the pic of the Busa with horns and the ooooooooooga horn :rofl:

FIAMM makes some nice replacement horns. ICEMAN did a couple threads on his install. It'll blow your ears out.

Can anyone tell me if these air horns will fit in the stock location? Some places say they bolt on at the stock location, but other threads I have read show a much more difficult time finding a location.

Do NOT install the Wolo alarm posted above.

It fits in the stock location until you start riding and pull an occasional wheelie or go over rough surfaces. Unfortunately it hits your fender and eats a nice hole right in the top of the front fender. Don't ask me how I know this. :whistle:

And for those that can't get enough

photo3.jpg

This is the one that I posted above by Stebel.
It works real well...very loud.
It has to be mounted within certain angles, or the air doesn't make it as loud.
I cut off the small piece of frame behind the left side of the seat, that is used as a handle if you are using a center stand and put it back there.
I ty wrapped it in.
Very tight, but it does fit.
It may fit easier somewhere else on a Gen II, but that is what I did.

DSC02107a.JPG

Last edited:
This is the one that I posted above by Stebel.
It works real well...very loud.
It has to be mounted within certain angles, or the air doesn't make it as loud.
I cut off the small piece of frame behind the left side of the seat, that is used as a handle if you are using a center stand and put it back there.
I ty wrapped it in.
Very tight, but it does fit.
It may fit easier somewhere else on a Gen II, but that is what I did.

I bet that'll WAKE your "ASS" up :laugh:

I have a bully dog air horn on mine, and wired it in parrell with the stocker...the new one sits just behind the motor pointing out the side fairing....I orig had it where the stock goes, but it quickly found the top of my fender, and scratched it....

I have it. The sound level is impressing, in the garage....But outdoors it doesn't sound near as loud as expected. I have it located inside the fairing, which explains some of its weakness. Another problem is that the hight sound level figure they advertise is defined for a very short distance from the horn (4 inch if I remember correct), and the level goes down by 6 dB for each doubling of that distance. The end result is that the horn is not much louder than the stock horn, but is has a nicer train-like sound though.

Last edited:
Back