12 year old M109 with 199 miles?

I don’t think this one has been cold stored w/o ever running the motor but I agree, having maintained a 39 year old bike, that everything has to be ‘excercised’ regularly or they dry up crack up freeze up or fail under pressure (use). If it (was) stored properly I think it’s a deal but for me, at 750 pounds before I even sit on it, it’s just too much heft to deal with. That’s nearly Harley weight and what I’d prefer is a lighter better cornering bike but still with a standard riding position.

I don’t think this one has been cold stored w/o ever running the motor but I agree, having maintained a 39 year old bike, that everything has to be ‘excercised’ regularly or they dry up crack up freeze up or fail under pressure (use). If it (was) stored properly I think it’s a deal but for me, at 750 pounds before I even sit on it, it’s just too much heft to deal with. That’s nearly Harley weight and what I’d prefer is a lighter better cornering bike but still with a standard riding position.
Yeah but it actually is a lot more nimble than you expected. Zuk got the COG pretty low.

I do have to say it was a hell of a nice cruiser. Plenty of power and no VTwin obnoxiousness.

Maybe work into the deal and have the owner do all the maintenance included into the purchase price.

Even thought this bike is 10+ years old with very little mileage I don't think you will have issues. My buddy bought a 2007 R1 with 1500 miles on the clock that hadn't been ridden in years either. Yes, 1500 is considerably more than 199. I think its a sweet bike but not my color choice and also a little over priced. I have seen much much newer M109r's with low mileage in the 7's.

Back