12 year old M109 with 199 miles?

The custom paint makes me suspicious. Nothing else would indicate it's a show bike and with 200 miles I'd have no need to paint it just for giggles.

Buy a new bike, paint it, then don't drive it for 13 years? Hmmmmm.

How do you buy a bike and not ride it...and why would you paint anything green?

I have a turbo busa, a road king, a JKU Jeep Wrangler, a couple gun safes full of nice toys, a turbo car, a full suspension mountain bike, a golf bag full of clubs and a few other things and I work 12 hr shifts every work day. It is very possible to have A bike and not ride it. Sometimes I go months not firing up the turbo busa, not by choice but it happens.

I had a 2007. It was a great cruiser. I worried a bit about the tranny though. You had to really push it through the gears and they had a bad habit of shredding 2nd gear.

But the styling was superb, and the power plant was several cuts above the other VTwins. 109 CI factory made goodness. It pulled like a tractor.

I have a turbo busa, a road king, a JKU Jeep Wrangler, a couple gun safes full of nice toys, a turbo car, a full suspension mountain bike, a golf bag full of clubs and a few other things and I work 12 hr shifts every work day. It is very possible to have A bike and not ride it. Sometimes I go months not firing up the turbo busa, not by choice but it happens.

Yeah, I’ve got various toys too and of course some get used less than others, but c’mon, 200 miles in 12 years!?

Yeah, I’ve got various toys too and of course some get used less than others, but c’mon, 200 miles in 12 years!?

I found an 03 Ducati 999 on a tender inside the dining room of a Montana ranch house with just 1,041 miles on it in late 2009. Completely original except for a battery. The owner had always wanted one but it just didn’t fit him. He also had several other bikes and four wheelers. Didn’t fit me much either at least not for more than a few hours.
9C29035E-374D-480D-897B-F24D03C6444A.jpeg

I found an 03 Ducati 999 on a tender inside the dining room of a Montana ranch house with just 1,041 miles on it in late 2009. Completely original except for a battery. The owner had always wanted one but it just didn’t fit him. He also had several other bikes and four wheelers. Didn’t fit me much either at least not for more than a few hours.View attachment 1586978
Styling is still a work of art

seller has been on ebay for 2 years.... buying and selling... 86 transactions... u can even elect to send an independent 3rd party to inspect the bike..... its for real.

Their other items for sale are worth checking out too, lol.

seller has been on ebay for 2 years.... buying and selling... 86 transactions... u can even elect to send an independent 3rd party to inspect the bike..... its for real.

I sorta wanted a lighter bike for the corners around here.:confused:

I sorta wanted a lighter bike for the corners around here.:confused:
I hear ya… I was just trying to point out that it was most likely not a scam.... scammers generally don't spend 2 years buying and selling openly and then try to scam a person.... if ure ever in doubt about something on ebay just look at when they joined and how many transactions they have done... just trying to help and clear up some things.

I had a 2007. It was a great cruiser. I worried a bit about the tranny though. You had to really push it through the gears and they had a bad habit of shredding 2nd gear.

But the styling was superb, and the power plant was several cuts above the other VTwins. 109 CI factory made goodness. It pulled like a tractor.
That, and the clutch cable, seems to be the main complaint on these bikes. I’ve seen 1 or 2 for sale with bad 3rd gear and seems to be an expensive job to fix. Not sure what’s up with Suzuki and their gears/transmissions. The M109 has 2nd and 3rd gear issues, my DR650 has a list of reported 3rd gear failures and my 2009 busa has the stupid false neutral between 5th and 6th that is extremely annoying.

Aw man! (Talking to myself) it’ll be $500 easy just to replace 12 year old tires before it’s ridden at speed, and what about the old brake fluid and the OEM rubber brake lines and coolant and, and...They're all over 12 years old and nearly 400 miles away!:laugh::confused:

Aw man! (Talking to myself) it’ll be $500 easy just to replace 12 year old tires before it’s ridden at speed, and what about the old brake fluid and the OEM rubber brake lines and coolant and, and...They're all over 12 years old and nearly 400 miles away!:laugh::confused:
Sounds like someone is trying to talk himself out of buying the bike. :laugh:

That, and the clutch cable, seems to be the main complaint on these bikes. I’ve seen 1 or 2 for sale with bad 3rd gear and seems to be an expensive job to fix. Not sure what’s up with Suzuki and their gears/transmissions. The M109 has 2nd and 3rd gear issues, my DR650 has a list of reported 3rd gear failures and my 2009 busa has the stupid false neutral between 5th and 6th that is extremely annoying.

The clutch cable issue is from lack of maintenance and the early setup had to much strain on the cable. And when under load would stretch the cable.
There was a service bulliten issued to change the cable adjustment to allow more slack. When it does break, it's a 20min job to replace, or swap for a hydraulic setup.

And it's 2nd gear that is the culprit. It's random and the consensus is from not shifting with the right amount of attitude. Allowing the forks and rods to partly engage.. you're correct though, it's an expensive fix..

Anything that has been sitting for 12 years is going to be a nightmare after it is started and run for a while. Seals, gaskets will all start weeping as they will have all dried out. changing fluid and tires is the easy part.

I can imagine what the valve seals look like....

I could have gotten a brand new never been used 1989 lawn tractor last summer that was a killer price, for the reasons I mentioned above was enough to not get it. I just didn't feel like tearing into a brand new motor to change seals and gaskets.

Back