110%

StrtRac3r

Registered
Does anyone really give 110% at work? That is anyone that doesn't manage or own a business.

I feel like I don't do anything lol, like any minute Samir Nagheenanajar is gonna walk around the corner yelling at the copy machine.

Tell Samir to get a life. I know that with my job I give at LEAST 110%, I have too, people's lives depend on it.

Clearly when you can, but when it is a must, yes. If you were going full on all the time, you would burn out.

I get paid for a strong back and a weak mind. That being said....work smarter not harder!
Posted via Mobile Device

I go above and beyond often. I live there and the results of my labor and
Direction are immediately evident. There really is very little to no room for failure in my profession and current position. The last thing we as a kitchen want to do is f&@k up Mr. Gilles' lunch or anyone else's really. It is the kiss of death in the private club business.
Is there really such a thing as 110%? If so, how do you measure the extra 10%?

I used to but the owner was only giving me 50% support. Providing the proper equipment to get the job done was his responsibility. So if he doesn't give me his all he sure isn't getting mine. :laugh:

I work 150%, I am more productive than others, I take on more than others, I work longer hours than others... Because of these things I get paid well, because of these things I get exposure to new technologies and get to be involved in new projects. My boss see's me as a mover and a shaker not an employee... Absolutely you can give over 100%, that is when compared to your peers... When you have peers that are all giving 110% you better be giving more....

Cap

I basically run the shop I'm at. I'd like to think they'd fail without me. Would they? Probably not.. :(

I give 110% when needed. When not needed, I post on the org.. :whistle:

I have it good here, and wouldn't jeopardize it for anything. :beerchug:
Plus what I do is fun when I want it to be. I just have issues with authority sometimes, and that's when I struggle. I don't mean I hate my boss, I mean sometimes I hate being a boss. Its easier to be buddies with your co-workers than it is to be their boss.. Too much of one makes the other harder... :thumbsup:

I agree with captain, I have never had a write up or any problems at work, they definitely put more on my shoulders than my co-worker and I get it done. So I guess I fall into the category of not all the time, but when needed. I probably just need a new challenge.

I've never liked that saying. If YOU are giving everything you have got, how can you give anymore? Not compared to anyone else either. If I have only $ 10 to give how can I possibly give $11? I try and do my best from my God giving abilities. At the end of the day that is all you can do. Do I run from task to task? No. Do I do everything as fast as I can? No. I work safe and smart all the time doing the best I can. Just my .02

Nope...when your called worthless and "any monkey can do it" then they try to close the shop...move all the machines out cut the workforce in half... Then when supposed to close "whoops we made a mistake...we cant find anyone that can do it right like you can" and they pay MORE to farm it out and it still comes back wrong....and we cant find people willing to work here at the wages and or dont have the skills as it just dont exsist round here anymore...and beg us to stay but yet admit we are NOT prevaleing wage anymore 23.95/hr ....um...no i dont give them 100% even!!:rulez:

I dont give them anything. They arent worth it. 400,000,000 in sales LAST MONTH and we threatened strike to settle on a 2.5% X5 yr contract, work us 7 days a week every week, while management has every weekend off, nope, sorry you get as little from me as possible.

they get what they pay for, but they lose some when they do things that make my work harder for no logical reason

"I refuse to kill myself for someone who won't spare a drop of urine if am on fire":rulez::rulez::rulez::rulez:

hmmm 110%? well thats a mathematical impossibility and personally, i tend to give about 60%... paid by the hour and the potholes that i dont fill today will still be waiting for me tomorrow

Back