Honda RC213 V4 S, Really?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I read in Cycle World about this bike. It costs $184,000. Yes, I typed $184,000, not $18,400. The bike looks interesting but then I read it has 110 HP. Yes again, I typed 110!?!!!! There is a long defense by the Honda project manager that winning races is about handling not horse power. B.S. of course. The current Honda GP bike is a big engine with marginal handling and control, what kind of crap is this guy trying to lay of unsuspecting millionaires? Then there is the race kit that adds CF everything and 212 hp (no word on where they take the measurement). Still thoroughly average numbers in this day and time. But then the kit is a bargain at only $13,000, yes I typed $13K!???? But there is a catch, they won't sell them to the public lest it turn the RC213 into an actual ridable bike where you won't get passes by stretched Honda Ruckuses!

Man I don't get this ****. The only people who would buy this thing are the Jay Lenos of the world and then just as an investment (there are only going to be 250 made). So why not just sell them last years MotoGP bike? Also, even WSBK bikes are $500,000+ bikes so this is still a "cheap" copy at best. But there is an obvious problem, even at nearly $200K with the race kit, there is no real engine here. Honda has a history of technological tour de force bikes that have amazing everything except performance. Looks like the RC213 is another. Maybe they should call it the NSR1000?

Another BS hype bike.
Well said.
I think we're all better off building our own bikes from the starter platform of our choice, Busa, 1k, ZX14, BMW, ect.

NR750, H2 and H2R, RC213 etc aren't about winning races or being value for money.

They are built as a "look what we can do".
Something a little different, something a little special.

The company gets PR, cashed up buyers get something different to 100,000 others.

Some top end Supercars are sold at a loss to do the same.

That's the way life is.
I have no issue with it.

Edit to add, I know 3 folk who have had plenty of seat time on H2's.
Two owners and one test rider. They all love them and are very happy.

And... I know a guy who had a brand new NR750.
He chucked it up the road !! A VERY expensive "whoops!"

Yeah Fallen I read up on this bike a while ago and it had me saying to myself :wtf: ?? :rofl:

@ least with the H2 or H2r you could say hey my bike has a cool a$$ paint job and a supercharger that makes 200+HP or with the Panigale R hey I can park this in my living room and it looks like a piece of art..... :laugh:

But to pay damn near 200 grand for this Honda "super bike" that is anything but SUPER makes absolutely no sense to me ???

yea but the H2 actually makes HP and doesn't cost $184k....:whistle: so hardly apples to apples.

NR750, H2 and H2R, RC213 etc aren't about winning races or being value for money.

They are built as a "look what we can do".
Something a little different, something a little special.

The company gets PR, cashed up buyers get something different to 100,000 others.

Some top end Supercars are sold at a loss to do the same.

That's the way life is.
I have no issue with it.

Edit to add, I know 3 folk who have had plenty of seat time on H2's.
Two owners and one test rider. They all love them and are very happy.

And... I know a guy who had a brand new NR750.
He chucked it up the road !! A VERY expensive "whoops!"

yea but the H2 actually makes HP and doesn't cost $184k....:whistle: so hardly apples to apples.

RC, NR and H2.

All 3 are limited run, high dollar Sportsbikes,
None of them are eligible or competitive to run in 99% of Motorsport.
All 3 offer something a little different and give folk with fat wallets the
ability to park up without being in a row of cookie cutter bikes.

I can't afford any of them today, but they are all interesting bikes in different ways.

Comparing them to a high volume mass production Hayabusa isn't Apples to Apples really either.
Park any of them up next to a Busa and true petrol heads will head to the rare and unusual.

Do folk buy Rolex watches because they are THAT much better at telling the time than a Casio ?

Back