Does dog the bounty hunter ever have to

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Just watched an episode where Dog and 4 guys and his loud wife apprehended a guy who was asleep in his truck.BORING.Even the criminal was asleep.Hahahahaha.
This show is sorta funny. Is Dogs wife always that loud and obnoxious? She was busy yelling at the dirtbag who then yelled out for some real police. Do they ever get to actually mace anyone? You gotta love all that body armour there sportin' too. The show seems more like crummy sit-com than a crime-drama show.

Man that lady is loud. She would drive me nutz.

Have I just caught a lousy episode again?

Rubb.

Have you seen the movie, "Domino?" You'd love it, I'm sure.

--Wag--

Dog is funny, his kids are kinda thugged out...and his wife IS WAY TOO LOUD RUB!! I always and shocked by the size of her vocal cords and the size of her...well, umm...
smileyexhibit.gif

Just watched an episode where Dog and 4 guys and his loud wife apprehended a guy who was asleep in his truck.BORING.Even the criminal was asleep.Hahahahaha.
 This show is sorta funny. Is Dogs wife always that loud and obnoxious? She was busy yelling at the dirtbag who then yelled out for some real police. Do they ever get to actually mace anyone? You gotta love all that body armour there sportin' too. The show seems more like crummy sit-com than a crime-drama show.

Rubb.
No you saw the real deal as far as "Dog the bounty hunter" goes
sad.gif

Rubb.
I never watch the show..

But when I worked as a bounty hunter it was normally, surprisingly non-confrontational (at least the skips I went after)

I think out of 2 years of bounty hunting, I had two car chases, foot chased the same guy twice and both times he got away, the third time I caught him by surprise and stuck a barrel in his face and told him to cuff himself.

Let see, had to wrestle a women to the ground once.

Oh Oh. we had to pick up this guy one time. Wanted for armed robbery, assault on a police officer, I think there were some fire arms charges in there. We get the manager to open the guys apartment door, my partner and I (there were only two of us that worked together) go in and find the guy in bed.

Naturally because the bondsman has "warned" us as to how "bad" this guy is, I wake him up with a barrel in his eye socket telling him not to move.

Turns out the guy was a paraplegic, drug him down with his wheel chair..

No body told us he was a fricken paraplegic, I am thinking WTF as the guy pulls himself from his bed into his wheel chair..

How manly is it to stick a gun into a guys face who is a paraplegic..

By this time I am starting to become disenchanted with the whole bounty hunter thing... really starting to get lame and boring..

The final straw.. and the last skip I ever brought in was this girl who was wanted for prostitution, possession of drugs with intent to sell. Figuring we are going to find this strung out crack ##### or something who is going to be surrounded by a bunch of strung out dudes wanting to protect there never ending source for male pleasures

So we spend a few days tracking her down, discover she is living in a women's shelter / halfway house. We get there and find out the "girls" went to the local zoo

So we go to the zoo and we find these like 15 women from this shelter at the zoo.

So my partner and I start getting this gut wrenching bad feeling.. like maybe we should just leave her alone..

Well we go up there.. and sure enough.. girl became a born again Christian, getting her act together. My partner and I are just looking at each other thinking the same thing "man, lets just leave her alone" and what happens, the girl looks at us as says "no.. I need to go with you.. I need to get this part of my life cleared up" so the girls huddle together, they are all crying, hugging her, saying prayers for her then she tells us "ok, I am ready to go with you now"

Well that was it, took her in, turned her over to the police, got my arrest tag, collected my money and haven’t chased anybody since..

I mean.. you can make good money.. and I got to kick a few doors down, went into a biker house one time with my gun drawn, the guys in the house grabbed the guy I was looking for and brought him to me and I left. (afterwards thinking how very stupid I was)

Anyway. Like I said.. never watched the show.. I know of the guy.. but every skip you go after.. everything depends on how well you do your home work, where you try to nab the person, how you deal with the person. Most people I treated respectfully and they never resisted.

Ahhh the good ol days.. (song memories playing in my head now
smile.gif
)

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143602462 -->

Forgot to add. one of the biggest determining factors is what the person is wanted for

The more severe the crime = most money = someone who has more to lose by going to jail. Those people are the ones hardest to find. And are the ones usually who are the most dangerous. They are the biggest pay off, but also the most dangerous..
And the more difficult to find. Someone who is wanted for murder and the more severe crimes will most often leave the state sometimes across country.

So it makes it more difficult to find, larger search area. Then travel time, so there is more expense and time incurred in going after someone like that.

Those types would usually take us anywhere from a few weeks to sometimes a month or so. And then you have to figure in the bondsman does usually have a bounty hunter go after someone until it is crunch time. So you are usually on a time schedule

The less severe (small amount of drugs, minor robberies, stuff like that). wont pay much, but those type of people usually stay in the same town, they don’t run far, so they are easy to find and catch. We usually could find small bails in a few days…

And when I did it. going rate was 10-15% of the bond for local (for our area local was within our tri county) and if it was non-local between 13 and 20% of the bond is what you would get

Final determining factor was usually how bad the bondsman wanted the person and how short of notice. Shorter the notice, the more the bondsman wanted the person, the higher the fee you could charge (if you already had a good as a skip tracer)

Dang it.. looks like I killed another thread.. I need to remember to not type soo much.. sorry. got carried away...
down.gif

that guy is such a tool. mostly cause of all the armor he sports then trys to get all "jesus" with them at the end.
rock.gif
that and id LOVE to meet this homo in real life.. hes like 5'3" or some ####. that show even showed him ordering new boots and put a 4" "heel" in it to make himself taller
wow.gif

btw, didnt he do time for murder back in the day?

that guy is such a tool.  mostly cause of all the armor he sports then trys to get all "jesus" with them at the end.
rock.gif
  that and id LOVE to meet this homo in real life.. hes like 5'3" or some ####.  that show even showed him ordering new boots and put a 4" "heel" in it to make himself taller
wow.gif

I think he was the one that went to Mexico to get someone and he was arrested. (I think)

he is only 5'3! no way!!!

I need to watch that show lol

that guy is such a tool.  mostly cause of all the armor he sports then trys to get all "jesus" with them at the end.
rock.gif
  that and id LOVE to meet this homo in real life.. hes like 5'3" or some ####.  that show even showed him ordering new boots and put a 4" "heel" in it to make himself taller
wow.gif

I think he was the one that went to Mexico to get someone and he was arrested. (I think)

he is only 5'3! no way!!!

I need to watch that show lol
to, i mean, in real life.. i thought he was in jail in Texas or something for murder.. not trying 2 find someone in mexico. but i know he was in a mexico jail for like kidnapping or some ####.

and yea.. it may be more like 5'5"-5'6" .. but i know for a fact, cause he admitted it on the show, he has a special boot made for him that has a 4 inch lift put in it.

to, i mean, in real life.. i thought he was in jail in Texas or something for murder.. not trying 2 find someone in mexico. but i know he was in a mexico jail for like kidnapping or some ####.  

and yea.. it may be more like 5'5"-5'6" .. but i know for a fact, cause he admitted it on the show, he has a special boot made for him that has a 4 inch lift put in it.
So Dog as a 4 inch lift kit? lol..

Sorry. the height is cracking me up. It is his lack of acceptance of his height.

Me? I couldnt see potentially having to fight someone with 4 inch heals on... lol

Yeah I think I heard he did do time. not sure for what..

The Mexican Jail.. I think that might have been when he went to Mexico to get someone and he took them and the Mexican authorities percieved that as kidnapping and NOT an official act of a bondsman in the United States.

They (Mexico) dont look at bounty hunters the same way the US does...

Of course.. if I remember correctly I believe I was told when I was bounty hunting that there are TWO states that are off limits to bounty hunters. I think Washington is one and I think there was one other...

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143618510 -->

Back