Is it true!

pcosho

Registered
I stopped in at the dealership and was browsing around and came across the new yamaha v-max. Very impressive looks I might add. Anyhow the salesman was telling me that his service manager and mechanic raced one another in the quarter mile and said the v-max walked all over his 09 busa. Does anyone know if this is true?:beerchug:

I stopped in at the dealership and was browsing around and came across the new yamaha v-max. Very impressive looks I might add. Anyhow the salesman was telling me that his service manager and mechanic raced one another in the quarter mile and said the v-max walked all over his 09 busa. Does anyone know if this is true?:beerchug:

CAP Another One that Needs to be Banned :rulez:

Absolutely FALSE and total BS...

A Gen 1 Busa is in the 9 second range, a Gen 2 shaves a few tenth or two
off that time.

The last article I read on the V-Max, the magazine pulled every stop and
trick they could to poke and prod the V-max below 10 seconds...they couldn't do it.

CycleWorld December 2008

Busa live in the 9 sec 1/4 mile...the max can only dream..10.26 was the best
they could get.

Tell the guy on '09 busa they are either full of sht or he doesn't know how
to ride.

However...I love the V-Max. It is impressive to ride as it's looks. If I had the
18K needed, I'd already have one in my garage but it's NOT a Busa Killer.

Not to mention, top speed of the Max is 135mph...3rd gear on a BUS...:laugh:

Last edited:
I thought one magazine put it against the B-King and lost. I can't remember which magazine did it but if it can't beat the B-King its not coming close to the Busa.

it all depends on the rider and the race... some people cant handle the Busa and make a fool of them self as well as tarnish the bikes reputation....

I guess if the Busa rider is bad enough an the V Max rider is good enough anything is possible... It's also possible that the mechanic was still working on the Busa when the manager took off an the mechanic still had the Busa on the stand trying to service it.:laugh:

Remember the V Max is not a cheap bike they need to sell it some how they are only so many diehard dedicated fans that don't really care how fast it is. The guy at the Harley dealer told me the Buell is that fastest bike around right now. to which I said "You mean around this show room right?" Needless to say I was asked to leave:rofl:

Last edited:
Sounds like its a relative of the same guy who said he beat me on his 600........

"......oh no man, this ones really fast! I've had it up to the 180's, just the other day! I got it a week ago" outside>???"No kidding?" inside>:rofl::rofl:" Oh no, not again. :please:Dude, I hope you don't see even 160's for a long time! Please tell me you got gear too:whistle:"

Back