10.10 ET Stock!

nitro4you75

Registered
Ok so ive read alot of your tips here and there are many. I have a 99 busa dapinci pipes, Air shifter, PC3 other then that the bike is stock. Im running 10.10'all day long at 140-142mph. 60ft is crap but thats why im guessing the high ET. I just started using the straps on the bike and they are pretty good!!
My question is this how do I go faster I dont want to redo the bike as its spotless so here are my thoughts (Im 160lbs)
Sprocket Fnt -1
Sprocket R +1
Removable extensions 4-6 inches
lower bike 1-2 inches
Heavy duty clutch springs
Shinko Tire
(SEAT TIME!)
Any thoughts on the mods? is the grearing ok that I want to go to? Im in Northern NJ Sea Level. Oh and what clutch springs should I buy?
Thanks for your help!
race.gif

Everything listed sounds good. I'm setup almost the exact same. Instead of heavy duty springs, you can get some .180 spacers from Brocks to use with your stock springs. I'm using this setup now and have no complaints.
Also if you go +2 in the rear, with the -1 in the front, it'll put you through the traps at the top of 4th gear.
beerchug.gif

Spencer Cycle has nice extensions for $240. Look in the billet accessories.

Whats your ET? and whats the advantage of the blockoff plate? I was also consideringt he airbox mod as well if that helps....
race.gif

My best is a 10.33@135 but i've got 165 lbs on you and I'm 6'8".
I'm assuming your talking about the PAIR blockoffs. They just eliminate backfiring when going to a full exhaust.
I did the box mod as well. Every little bit helps.
beerchug.gif

Your running some good MPH for that E.T.   Your bikes configuration is good.  Looks like you got to get the 60' down (this is where all the gains are at).   Launch harder...(more RPM). Your goal should be consistant 1.6X 60's. Your bike and setup can already do better
wink.gif

So dont bother with the "proposed" mods? Im thinking at a minimum I shoul ddo them, next year Id like to add a progressive NOS system to it.

Im thinking at a minimum if I do the swingarm, -1 fnt +1 rr lower, strap and clutch mod yet to be decided there is no reason I cant be in the mid to low nines?

Depending on your current 60ft times, get the extensions (best thing for hard launches) and the shinko slick or at least the ultra soft. At your weight your bike should lay down 1.45 to 1.50 60ft times stretched and lowered. Practice the launch and make sure you are not spinning out of the hole, if you do drop your tire pressure until it hooks (try to keep it above 10psi).

Post up a copy of your time slip so we can see the break down and maybe be able to give you some more advice.

I misread..thought you had all the mods listed... the ones listed are good.  I'd start cheap...go with the 1 down counter sprocket, dog-bones, straps, MPS Racing clutch mod, the Shinko 003.  

IMO no need for NOS yet just makes it harder to put it all down.  Extensions do help a lot but are sorta pricey...you can get the rest done for less than $200.00.  With your current 10.10.....you should be easily in the mid-high 9's with these simple mods.

Thank for all your replies. Ill get to work!! Ill post my current Time slip prior to touching any thing on the 10.10 I ran. THen Ill begin your suggestions from there.
Oh and Ill mount the shinko I have too (its an 003)

(nitro4you75 @ Jun. 22 2007,11:42) Thank for all your replies. Ill get to work!! Ill post my current Time slip prior to touching any thing on the 10.10 I ran. THen Ill begin your suggestions from there.
Oh and Ill mount the shinko I have too (its an 003)
I just started using the Shinko last week. Much different from a stocker on the track.

Just stretching the bike will get you in nines. All the mods will help you go faster from there. You should aslo consider the Brock clutch mod. Mine is setup similar to what you propose and I've run 9.74 on motor and 9.61 with a 40 shot. I weigh about 210.

(issy_busa @ Jun. 23 2007,19:26) Just stretching the bike will get you in nines.  All the mods will help you go faster from there.  You should aslo consider the Brock clutch mod.  Mine is setup similar to what you propose and I've run 9.74 on motor and 9.61 with a 40 shot.  I weigh about 210.
40hp of Nitrous only took off .13 seconds??? Did you only use it in high gear??
rock.gif

(Moparict @ Jun. 24 2007,05:45)
(issy_busa @ Jun. 23 2007,19:26) Just stretching the bike will get you in nines.  All the mods will help you go faster from there.  You should aslo consider the Brock clutch mod.  Mine is setup similar to what you propose and I've run 9.74 on motor and 9.61 with a 40 shot.  I weigh about 210.
40hp of Nitrous only took off .13 seconds???  Did you only use it in high gear??
rock.gif
my 60 shot took off over 2 tenths in the 1/8th, something must be wrong or you are not hitting it early enough.

The 9.74 was a better run with a quicker 60 ft. For similar run's it takes off about .3 in the 1/4. I'm hitting it from 2nd gear on.

Back