brocks/hindle street smart ti exhaust
welded clutch aka clutch mod
4 short stacks oem
16th front sprocket
best 60ft is 1.53
best 1/8 6.20
best 1/4 9.55

dont want to extend and im pretty good at foot shifting

Seat time, seat time, seat time:thumbsup: Its the best mod you can do. Ive dropped a half second off my time after making over 150 passes on this bike. Whats your 330' look like? Thats really more important than your 60' especially when at swb. When I was at swb my best times didnt come from my best 60' times but from my best 330' times:beerchug:

And have you played with gearing? This is only my opinion, but maybe try your stock front sprocket. Ive always gone the other way on my gearing when at swb. It helps you get to full throttle sooner in first and keep the front end on the ground.

If you don't want to spray it, get a custom map, and start making it lighter. Anything you can take off to make it lighter will help...

Swap out the exh cam for an intake and get them degreed in there that is a fairly cheap project if you can do it yourself. Go a little more and get some compression out of it with drop in pistons or no base/thinner base and head gasket, ported head, all these things are really not that expensive and still pretty much stock for driveability and get it tuned. And then 1.53 is good but if you want to 60' much better you probably will have to go out a couple inches and then if you get 1.43 60' you will be that much faster. Mine is 63" and stock motor/hand clutch and I go 1.41-1.43 everytime now and I cant even ride good luck and have FUN:thumbsup: Oh and that is footshifting also I like footshifting as it seems you do as well

Last edited:
play with the suspension
play with tire pressure
loose weight
play with sprockets

these things alone will give you plenty of variables to still play with.

My best 60' is 1.46 but I went a 5.94 on a 1.49 60' stock motor 08 Busa I weigh about 225 suited it's streched 5 1/2 over and lowered about 2" with Pingel electric shift I think im staying stock for a while I think that 5.80's consistantly is very reasonable:beerchug:

i have an 05 busa, current mods are
180 rear tire
front end straped
lowered
brocks/hindle street smart ti exhaust
welded clutch aka clutch mod
4 short stacks oem
16th front sprocket
best 60ft is 1.53
best 1/8 6.20
best 1/4 9.55

dont want to extend and im pretty good at foot shifting

Nice times , good 60s
To compare mine:
also SWB 1.70>9.90 ,but my problem are the 60s :poke:

Change to the original stacks (2short,2long)
That killed 6 horses on my 01 ,and even on dyno a good tuner couldnt find them. 4 shorts 159rwp short-long 167rwp

im on 16/42 passing the trap at ~140 in 4th just at the limiter.
since i ride like this im constant 9.9-10.0
Thats the best gearing for me (3 footshifts). Seattime will make my 1.5 and then a 9.49 should be possible. My topspeed will be equal but times will drop.

Back