1" raising links

you guys...you guys are good. i know i'm not riding anywhere near where you guys are riding skillfully. being a conservative rider i should be ok from what i've read. seems any adverse reactions would be when reeeally pushing the bike. i dont race so extreme acceleration out of a turn is not an issue. i dont brake excessively hard before a turn so i dont think the bike dropping into a turn would be an issue.

if these problems would arise at the edge of the bikes potential then i'm ok. my mods are for a better handling bike within my moderate riding style.

thanks for the info! much appreciated
beerchug.gif

Yeah Rev I'm with you in my conservative riding style. I raised mine +1 this winter and have been loving it all year, I have yet to notice any additional "wheelie" type movement under hard acceleration. I also lowered the front 3/4 and it also made a noticable difference. I love the setup and have no interest in going back to stock any time soon. Good luck man let us know how you feel after you really crack the throttle

I never noticed any traction problems with raising links, but it makes sense that if the weight transfer is slightly changed, traction could be affected. Looking at the geometry of the swingarm though, since the arm is slightly lower in respect to the chassis, wouldn't the chain pull downward on the arm down be intensified under acceleration, thereby increasing traction by increasing downforce on the rear wheel? I'm sure my kindergarden physics is flawed...

Back