1/4 Mile Time Slips Post

I have a lot of work to do on my starts, once I get into the low 1.7's at the setup I have now then I will start lowering the bike and changing the gearing but there is more in her right now as she sits. I just have to caress her the right way to get it.

I have a lot of work to do on my starts, once I get into the  low 1.7's at the setup I have now then I will start lowering the bike and changing the gearing but there is more in her right now as she sits. I just have to caress her the right way to get it.
Gearing will help you a bunch. We big guys gotta use physics to our advantage.....

Just practise that reaction time ! I think you got a pretty good time though!
cool.gif
Reaction time has nothing to do with elasped time,your E.T does not start until the beam is broken,the only thing reaction times is good to practice is when you are actually racing someone.
So then your reaction time isn't counted in your 1/4 mile ET? I didn't know that .

Just practise that reaction time ! I think you got a pretty good time though!
cool.gif
Reaction time has nothing to do with elasped time,your E.T does not start until the beam is broken,the only thing reaction times is good to practice is when you are actually racing someone.
So then your reaction time isn't counted in your 1/4 mile ET? I didn't know that .
No It only helps to cut a good light when you are actually racing you could cut a .125 light and run a 9.92 then the guy you are running could cut a .005 light and run 10.00 and you would have lost because he actually went through the traps first. Ohh and that was just a base example not realistic LOL dont know the exact equasion (Math was never my subject).

stock busa, lowered, pipe, foot shifting, 64"

wednesday night at PIR;
60'   - 1.542
330' - 4.059
1/8  - 6.161 @ 117.08

this sunday is a Wally race, will lay down some smokin 1/4mi times for you guys!!!!

Hello from Colorado. I started running up here at a local drag strip recenlty. We are at about a 6000 ft elevation so the thin air up here slows things down consideralby. I am about 245 suited up. Bike is 02 LE Busa all stock except lowering links and strap. The first card is from Colorado and the other is when I went to the Las Vegas strip. You can see the difference the elevation makes.

(Colorado)

R/T .113
60' 1.835
330 4.723
1/8 7.085
MPH 103.80
1000' 9.111
1/4 10.843
MPH 130.83

(Las Vegas)

R/T .333
60' 1.740
330' 4.486
1/8 6.717
MPH 109.81
1000' 8.639
1/4 10.284
MPH 137.30

Just got home, best yet...
1.52 60"
6.43 @ 112

mph is still garbage, but I'm finally launching decent.....

1.52 60' = great stuff,congrats !!

since your mph is still 112,i am guessing that your improvements are rider skill (always encouriging) rather then changes made to the bike,but...i am guessing your 330's were off,because there was no gain in mph,the dragstrip a fun but humbleing place

i need to get back to the track,haven't been since june 21
sad.gif

1.52 60' = great stuff,congrats !!

since your mph is still 112,i am guessing that your improvements are rider skill (always encouriging) rather then changes made to the bike,but...i am guessing your 330's were off,because there was no gain in mph,the dragstrip a fun but humbleing place

i need to get back to the track,haven't been since june 21
sad.gif
Yeah, it was all in the little end. Our track don't measure 330, so I can't tell ya what happened there, but I'm definitely launching much better.
Buddy of mine ran 6.33, 119 mph on my bike last night, but he only weighs 150lbs. His 60 was a little slower than mine, 1.56 I think. For the first time in my life I wish I was not as big as I am........

Well quit eatin so much and maybe you would get smaller...Me an Ludicrous are goin to Gleason Tn. tomorrow ..Wanna go..Oh yeah I went and got some strips of no skid to put on the seat..Seems to hold even better

I went to the track to test tonight, made four passes and went home. I didn't sixty that well, but went a 6.53, all the rest were 6.60 or 6.61.

But get this: One time the Mph was 118! the rest they were around 116. The bike liked the cool air, it would come out great and then wheelie about 3/4 the way through first and then come down in second.......

sorry guys.. ran two 9.32's at the end of the day, won the event... some chick walkin behind me oh well..
bad pic, friend (with a ZX12 and a Bandit) took the pic..

showin the 12's and Gixxers who is #1..

busasmall.jpg

Dogman and I went to Gleason, TN yesterday for an all bike race. Track was hooking good for me, but that track is rough as hell! The left lane has a dip wher it transitions from concrete to asphalt, about 80 feet out. Right about where my bike was carrying the wheel really good. It slammed me down hard enough on the tank to almost make me cry!

Anyway, I ran several new best passes, with the best overall being this one:

RT .0099
60 1.6671
330 4.3021
594 6.0723
1/8 6.4690
mph 113.41

I ended up redlighting wit 4 bikes left and made my entry and $5 back:p

Damn Lud, you were moving! I gotta find out wtf is wrong with my bike. I thought I had built a nice little cushion on you on Friday! Those times are damn good.

From Cache:showin the 12's and Gixxers who is #1..

Yeah right ,you were lucky your b-day was the next day or you would have been toast.-.017 red you so luckyyyyyyy....?
rock.gif
???
blush.gif

Back