09 1k ?

dolilind

Registered
I put a full yoshi exhaust on my 1k and it removes the flapper valve in the exhaust. On the Pc you unhook the connecting power wire that controlls the modual/actuator and all the cables. Now that the bike is torn down again can that modual be removed? What is the reason Yoshi justs had you unhook it rather than just remove it?

not sure about the 09 but i have a full exh on my 01 gixxer 1000 and i just took it all out and had to pull a brown wire(i think??) out of the ecm connector to get the fi light to stay out?? if its unplugged and cables unhooked i don`t see any reason to keep it in there? its pretty much just an electric motor and some gears

I had an 02 1k ... yes remove the brown from the ECU to turn off the efi light once the SET valve is removed. On the 09, I installed a full m4 system. I removed the wire from the ECU... which disables the factory O2 sensor and the SET Valve. I did remove the SET valve controller and cables as a unit with the header. So yes the module can be removed.... mine is and no issues! I just got done with some other mods on the 09. The afr tuner is on now, runs much better! I also added a 16 tooth front spocket... much better pickup and smoother while cruising. Used the speedoDRD that motomummy sells to set the speedometer to be correct.

Last edited:
There is a wire you remove from the ECU. They changed the wire after 02. I don't remember what wire it is any longer. If you remove the motor you will get the FI light. it won't hurt the bike at all. It's just annoying.

Gixxer.com would be the best place to the answer.

yeah the wire on the ecu is removed, it does throw the FI light if left on. Just tryn to find out if the flapper controll unit is still needed for electical issues or something.

yeah the wire on the ecu is removed, it does throw the FI light if left on. Just tryn to find out if the flapper controll unit is still needed for electical issues or something.

Mine is removed after the full system.... no EFI lights. The wire for the SET Valve controller is the same for the stock O2 sensor. So being gone isnt going to hurt anything!

What is the reason behind this flapper valve being there from the factory and an aftermarket company doesn't put one on?

My stock 09 header off of the 1k with motor and cables.

P1010018.jpg

What is the reason behind this flapper valve being there from the factory and an aftermarket company doesn't put one on?

Back in the day...like the first R1, it was for better low end torque. Now it is used for noise reduction between a certain speed and rpm range to pass federal noise emission. The secondary blades on the busa, 1k's, 740's, and 600's do the same thing too.... besides help smooth out the power delivery of our bikes. They reduce noise at certain rpm and load ranges in the intake track.

Back