Help

unkleslapnutz

Donating Member
Registered
I took off my pair valve...my question is..on my brothers exhaust we pulled out the factory exhaust gaskets...do i need to do the same with my pipe? It is a Yoshi 4-1 system and i didnt install it but the gaskets are still there...do i remove them?

anyone? i have everything tore apart...they were already in there... but like i said when we put on my brothers on his 1000 we removed the gaskets

I left my gaskets in. They are made of a softer metal so they deform a little sealing the headers to the engine block. If you don't have gaskets, you will probably have an exhaust leak.

Depending on the age of the gaskets, you might want new ones.

if your gaskets are in good shape your good to go. BUT.....gaskets are cheap and easy insurance. When I put my Hindle on I went with new gaskets.

They were already there. I deciced to take the PAIR off and to do that i had to drop the header. Anyways to make it short i left them in there...and continued on with the work. PAIR block off is installed, Muzzy fan is installed, UFO tail light is installed, and now I am putting in my yellow light and a relay/switch on the HID that is installed...after that it is an oil change then put it all back together...wash it...wax the tank where my tank bag goes and I will put up the pictures from the work....which by the way I would say taking the pair valve off when you install the exhaust is much easier....but then my bike came with the 4 into 1 system already. Thanks guys for all your help.

Back