New centre stand

reiny

Registered
I just recieved my centre kickstand today from the Suk. dealer.Do i have to remove the exhaust pipes to put it on?
Thanks in advance,
Oh its a brand new 06 with stock exhaust with yoshi slip ons!

don't think so. The "U" shaped plastic on the bottom (lower fairing) gets replaced by the center stand tho.

No, I've fitted a center stand and it's possible to do it without removing the headers/down pipes.

Remove the plastic "wing" 'cause it won't fit after the stand is put on.

I slid the cans/mufflers off before I started but you don't have to.

There's a bolt that holds the exhaust pipe's "collector" under the engine (the bit where all the pipes come together.) Remove that and use a cheater bar to lever the pipes downwards at that point.

That gives you just enough clearance to get the long bolt through the center stand and the mountings underneath the bike. I did this on my own, using a foot on the lever and both hands on the bolt, tapping it through with a rubber mallet.

The only bit that takes some patience/swearing is getting the springs attached to the stand, they have a fair amount of tension.

Forgot to add that if you leave the mufflers on, you'd need to unbolt them from the "hangers" under the rear footrests otherwise you won't be able to lever the pipes downwards.

Back