Centre stand

EC,

Only if you knew how many hours Ive spent working on my bike. It never ends. The reason I cant seem to install it is it will hinder with ground clearance as I like to take it on the track and the backroads. Maybe it will slow me down.
mad.gif

Stage # 2
50 minutes in.
Plastics off.
Headers loosened and dropped
Fan off.
Oil and radiator unbolted and off.
Set Hut !!!!

<!--EDIT|TIMMYDUCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143018726 -->

IMG_0339.JPG

1 hour 45 minutes later, installed center stand.
Just a fun couple hours in the garage.
Leaving the plastics off to do cleaning and the 600 mile service tommorrow.
Center stand = take with your service stands with you always.
P.S. Front reflectors removed.
New front reflectors and brackets shipped anywhere in the Lower 48 states for the asking.

<!--EDIT|TIMMYDUCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143011479 -->

IMG_0345.JPG

Repost photo of center stand.
As you can see in my yard and road it's dirt.
Lucky to have the cement slab and floor in the garage.
TOP TEN REASONS TO HAVE A CENTER STAND !!!!!!
# 1 No stupid tip overs.
# 2 You can get the most gas in your tank.
# 3 You can have the cleanest chain around.
# 4 Tire pressure checking is just a spin of the wheel.
# 5 When you take corners at night you make really cool fireworks.
# 6 If you pick up a nail and get a flat, you can fix it on the spot.
# 7 Chicks dig it when they can mount your bike and turn the mirrors in to look at themselves, from both angles at the same time.
# 8 You can change both tires at the same time.
# 9 Oil window sighting is a breeze.
# 10  All Suzuki recommended service can be done without any other lift device.

<!--EDIT|TIMMYDUCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143019698 -->

Busa_Center_Stand.JPG

05 rebuild on the Center Stand !!!!
We use ratchet straps suspended off the ceiling.
Ask Rollin for more details it's his house in this one.

<!--EDIT|TIMMYDUCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143023798 -->

Center_Stand_Timmyduck.JPG

You have to remove radiator and loosen the exhaust. It was a lot more work than I planned on. But it seemed to be worth it in the end.
Actually you don't need to do either of those things.

I fitted mine without removing the radiator or the exhausts.

If you take off the mufflers, then the bolt that holds the exhausts under the engine, you can use a cheater bar to lever the pipes down enough to get the main center stand bolt through the mounting holes and the stand.

Took me about a half hour to do it by myself. Fiddliest thing is getting the springs mounted.

DAB.. i would highly recommend NOT bending the header that much to get it on. Think about it. It's an aluminum head that is very easy to strip out. I wouldnt want those kind of shearing forces on those bolts. Rather safe than sorry.

Rob T where in Conn are you? Maybe me and Timmyduck could lend a hand and get it done if you order the stand ... although i am leaving town next friday it would need to be done by then.

Seems like a worthwhile investment if you arent like me and pegging your knee down and scraping fairings... but for the average rider seems well worth it!

Thanks very much everyone for your replies,especially Timmyduck.
I'm gonna tackle this job for sure,just needed some encouragement!
beerchug.gif

DAB.. i would highly recommend NOT bending the header that much to get it on.  Think about it. It's an aluminum head that is very easy to strip out. I wouldnt want those kind of shearing forces on those bolts. Rather safe than sorry.  
Well, it's been done by me (and others) with no damage.

You only need to bend the end of the pipe down about a half inch for clearance. That's bending a set of pipes about two foot long which is attached to the head with eight bolts.

Your choice though, I'm just stating how I did it, not iinsisting you do it that way.

im in shelton .i was gonna bid on one on ebay . it had no instuctions .but i do ride a bit hard in the turns.and my buddy said i better not.so i guess i ll have to keep using rear and front stands.ps i hope to get some rides in with you guys this season
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back