08 recall coming for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elganja

Registered
not sure if this is legit or if it is a joke, but it appears to be real.

Here is the original post: http://psychobike.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=65074;st=0

Text from post: "i just left the suzuki dealership with my buddy that was buying a 08 busa and they said he can,t because there is a issue with the ignition system which causes the bike to shut off around 160mph. and suzuki has stop selling them at the dealer until they get this issue resolved you can,t go buy 1 at any dealer period cash or credit and he also told me that people who bring there bike in for service may not get it back until they come up with a solution to this issue.all dealers can,t sell them right now period"

what the 160mph thing refers too is interesting. Is it the true speed or the speed indicated? If the latter... I have been over it many times at the track (trap 153.4x mph TRUE speed)... that is why I am close to calling BS...

I just talked to me dealer and he said he just got the letter yesterday. He said no details and he would let me know asap. I took it that they cant sell them either. Everyone just be careful until they get it worked out

DSC_0014RS.jpg

160 huh, I haven't been that high yet.

Out of curiousity what happens if it does shutdown at 160, will it lock up, death wobble, slowly come to a stop, kick back on at 159, leave you stranded?

I have a few concerns about this, there has to be a safety issue for them to stop shipment and sales.

Just called Cycle World in VA 757-499-4146 and they will sale you a 08' Busa and they have not heard of a recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back