Warning 08 busa owners ...

wow... a bike built for straight line speed and cant even hold up to it when its pushed down a track?

maybe the ones with the problem did not have it installed correctly or missing bolts and plastic fastners. i ran mine many time on high speed and no issues, i check my bolt and screws each time before i ride.

I'll take a hard look at mine based on this, but I routinely run mine out to the high end and have never had even an indication that something is amiss.

Someone, somewhere must have this on video.

Additionally, it seems to me that if there was a problem, Suzuki would have already put a 'safety inspection' or 'recall' in motion.

That said, it's always a good idea to check your gear (any and all) before you use it, ladies and gents.

Of course, that's just common sense (which we've seen through the ages that many do not possess).

:moon:

I posted about this some time ago when a "national" event team blew off a set of panels during a "closed track" testing session...

They left the lower air dam (just above the chin piece) off the bike and it exploded the panels off the bike at about 140 mph...

To much air getting inside the body work... $$$ lesson they learned.. since making sure the lower plastics are all installed, no further issues in maybe 300 runs of testing?

Have a guy i race with. have this happen to him. seems to happen if u are running a sidewinder all the peices of the bodywork are not on. Be carefull

i have gone up to the 186 limiter and have never had any body issues, just a hicky on the seat:whistle:

wow... a bike built for straight line speed and cant even hold up to it when its pushed down a track?

Nope, doesn't appear to be the case, IMO.

This is just another example of non-standard equipment use (as described by Mr Bogus), and when the modification doesn't work out too well, the "bike" has a problem (vice the owner/operator). This is a classic way how baseless internet rumors get started.

Obviously, they bike is more than capable of traveling 160mph and faster without its bodywork coming apart. But if one alters the bodywork to accommodate drag-racing modifications, the altered bodywork had better be able to handle the load.

This isn't an issue with the bike... it's more of an issue of modifications that are not well thought-out.

Yeah must be a thing with this class of bikes. I was running with my Uncle on my ZX14 and him on his 07 GSXR1K, doing roll ons and such. After a few runs my plasitcs did the same thing. After that we went straight to get it fixed but I was still surprised.

You need to realize what is happening. Read the article again. The guys that have their panels on/off alot of experiencing the problems. Those plastic pushpins work great when new but loosen up after repeated use. Sometimes to the point of not even holding anymore and falling out. Why doesn't anyone just drillout the hole a bit more and run a step shoulder bolt&clip deal like what's used to hold the fairings on the Gen1's?
There, no more problem.

I find this article very interesting and am going to have to post a pic or two tomorrow. I was waxing my bike for first time this week (it's raining so why not), when I noticed a crack in one of the fairings at the connection point on the bottom. Now, at first I thought, "well, I DID buy it used" (albeit only 900 miles) and maybe I just missed it in inspection. Then I thought, "I wonder if the dealer did it when he performed the first maintenance interval" because I haven't touched it and maybe they did it. I didn't think about it spreading any, but NOW, you've got me worried that mine is a "damage in process" - Maybe it cracks/tears BEFORE it tears off; would hate for it to happen while I was riding it.......

I think I'm gonna have to call my dealer on this one. IF this crack is in a place that is taking alot of wind pressure force, then it MIGHT be an accident (literally) waiting to happen....

Last edited:
Didn't Brock Davidaon go 202 mph at thr Maxion Mile with out a problem? I say that you make sure you assemble the body on this hi tec srper bike correctly and you will not have a problem:beerchug:

Hehes the problem fellows. Alot of dragracers "cut" the lower 3-4 inches off there plastics so they can lower them{slam them} if you put a stabilizing bar like I did mine it will never happen. Some people cut theres and don't do this.
Febbikebabes003.jpg

Nope, doesn't appear to be the case, IMO.

This is just another example of non-standard equipment use .........

This isn't an issue with the bike... it's more of an issue of modifications that are not well thought-out.
I dont think this is what anyone wants to hear :laugh:

I dont think this is what anyone wants to hear :laugh:

Heh..... I believe you are correct! :laugh:

Too, this is just human nature at work.... nobody who ponys up serious coin for a mod that is ill-designed or poorly installed wants to admit it. Rather than blaming themselves or the fabricator of the mod, it's always "the bike" that is the problem....

Alterations from stock should always be done with great care and consideration for possible problems. Do your research first, then modify.

P's 2 cents....

:beerchug:

Kind of hard to figure out why guys put thousands of dollars into there bikes and can’t or won’t by $1 push pins?

Back