07 Questions

bullitt01

Registered
So this lady that my sister works with is divorcing her husband, and is offing his 2007 Hayabusa. It's blue and has a yoshimura exhaust, and other than that basically modless. I know the bike has ~30k miles on the clock, I know that's a lot for a bike, but she said they used to ride it down to Florida (lots of highway miles), also it has different sprockets so I'm sure that 30k number is a bit off. Even with the high miles she is selling it for a pretty low price, and I think I can even talk her down another couple hundred (I'm sure she'd love to give her cheating husbands motorcycle away for pennies) But I'm here because I have a couple questions/concerns about it. I like motorcycles, have never owned one, owned dirtbikes, and am too scared to go fast/know what proper gear to wear so I'm not so worried about the size of the bike. I was wondering if there were known problems for the 07's or anything I should specifically look for when I go check the bike out. I cruised the forums a little bit and mainly found topics on Gen II's but not really much about the 07's. Do the motors lose power or feel warn after that many miles and that much use? I know with some yamahas the valves have to be adjusted after so many miles... Is this the same with these bikes? Any useful knowledge would really be helpful. My friend has an 08 that I've ridden a couple of times, is there a big power difference between the 07 and 08's? I mainly just don't want to buy this bike and then have to tear down the whole damn thing because its a junk high mileage motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zach.

You should look out for the husband cause I would kill if another man touched my bike
Posted via Mobile Device

30k is just gettin started for a Busa, many members here have 70k+ and still goin strong. The valves need to be checked at 16k, but most of the time, no adjustment is needed. Check all the basics for condition.

You should look out for the husband cause I would kill if another man touched my bike
Posted via Mobile Device

That's why a few distinct things would get changed before I ever even rode it, then I'd be just another blue busa rolling around town. :whistle:

I'm quite positive he probably didn't have the valves checked, thanks for the advice so far fella's.. Anything else?

Your brave.......you can change her clothes but I would still know my baby blue suzi
Posted via Mobile Device

The more I think about it, I'd just do everything, oil, coolant, valves checked, clutch/brake fluids. That'll put you at zero to keep her maintained. Check the chain tension and how far back the adjusters are, if its the stock chain, it may be about time to replace it. If ya do, get front/rear sprockets too so they all wear together.

This is mostly preventitive stuff and dont mean to overwhelm ya, but you asked:laugh:

The more I think about it, I'd just do everything, oil, coolant, valves checked, clutch/brake fluids. That'll put you at zero to keep her maintained. Check the chain tension and how far back the adjusters are, if its the stock chain, it may be about time to replace it. If ya do, get front/rear sprockets too so they all wear together.

This is mostly preventitive stuff and dont mean to overwhelm ya, but you asked:laugh:

What he said...

Don't worry about 30k miles on a Busa. That's nothing on these engines.

it's not high mileage :poke: unless it's a drag bike.

not much power dif in the gen 1 to gen 2, just a handfull of ponies you'll never use anyway.

how much $? ???

oops, almost forgot :welcome: to the ORG. :cheerleader:

do you want the most awesome bike on the planet? or something else.
:poke: buy it! :whistle:

it's not high mileage :poke: unless it's a drag bike.

not much power dif in the gen 1 to gen 2, just a handfull of ponies you'll never use anyway.

how much $? ???

:laugh: Only 20 extra ponies to the rear tire and some added torque. The 07 was the last of the Gen I. Suzuki had worked out the major issues by '07 with the GEN I, the Gen II pretty well took care of all the complaints about the Gen I.

30K isn't anything to worry about. I had an '06 that had never had a wrench on it with 36K miles. My Gen II has 23K miles and has never been touched.

I'd be willing to bet that the valves will be in specs.

Watch out for mad hubbies in pickups :laugh:

Thanks for all the help fella's!

As for the $ question we will just say less than 4k. Haha

And I'm not too worried about the husband, I'm no man of small stature and always bring a gun to a knife fight :muscle:

Sounds like a great deal. You know enough to look at certain locations to see if the bike has been down. Check across the front fender to see if there's a scratch from right to left where the fender would make contact with the nose. This would indicate hard landings off wheelies and these bikes will blow a fork seal in a minute because of the weight.

Back