Interesting rumor I heard about the 07 GSXR1K's

Youkai

Registered
Well I saw in a previous post that someone has a 07 GSXR1000 on order and thought I would post what I heard from a fellow rider. He owns both a 06 Kawi ZX10 and a 05 GSXR1000 and he said that the 07's are having their motors blown under 500 miles. Evidently some people already have them (news to me), and they are having motor problems. He told me to stay clear of them because I am looking for a 2nd bike when the busa goes turbo.

Anyone else hear of this? Thought I would ask and spread the news.

sounds true to me
cool.gif
. makes ya wonder how these new owners got them before being released yet

the gixer k's seem to always have some wierd problem.....didnt the 05's have a problem with the frame cracking in half?

There were a coupe cases, but the ones that were widely publicized, their owners stories were definetly suspicious. There was a guy who track rides his 05 GSXR1K and he has crashed at over 80 and more than once. His frame is just fine, so I believe the frame cracking issue was a rider's error than flaw in design.

Internet rumors and people revving to the limiter all the time can blow motors as well as non riding fools cracking frames...

(Youkai @ Dec. 04 2006,09:27) ...so I believe the frame cracking issue was a rider's error than flaw in design.
most likely a flaw in the design of the rider.

wink.gif

Well, I know if you impact something hard enough it will break. One guy claims to have gone down at 25 mph and his frame cracked, yet his bike slide 50+ feet. Yeah, that doesn't sound right.

Don't listen to rumors of "I have a friend who knows a guy who's uncle works for a suzuki dealer and he told me?"

Back