06 Busa bait and switch

SpeedAdict

Gabe
Donating Member
Registered
So I am thinking that someone at suzuki might have half a mind and try to do something silly like make money off this 06 Busa thing.....
It is painfully obvious that all us Busa fans (freakishly loyal followers) are awaiting the release of the possible new body style changes of the 06 Busa. It seams that at least once a week there is a post about this very subject matter. In wich case we have done a horrible job at pretending that we don't care, and secretly hoping our lack of enthusiasm might spawn an early release date. But if anyone at suzuki payed half attention to this they could stand to make a bundle of money and keep there hard earned braggin rights...... You still with me? Ok check this out.
About every five years traditionaly cars and bikes alike go through some sort of body modifications. This has yet to happen to the BUsa. But why should it, if you got the best why chance losing your fan base and bragging rights. Some other company can come out and take your titles and your customers in one hefty swoop, that is of course if your modifications were undisired our put you under the previous bar/standard you have just set by giving a slightly less than the best product due to the changes. If it were up to me than I would do the same thing as zuk. I would wait until someone actualy took my title of baddest bike on the planet, let them run with it for a bit, then take it back as quickly as I gave it to them.
There has been a Lot of talk about the ZX14 or ZZ14... whatever.. (I don't care for it personaly. The busa is still in my opinion the prettiest bike ever conceived.) They are saying that it will be released in the very near future as in the tail end of 05 or early 06. This is obviously going to take sales from the busa. But who cares it raked in money for seven years now. Complete body changes of popular models have been known to be released in Febuary. So we could see the Busa then. But in my opinion we probably won't. Let the ninja guys have there fun for a year then release the Busa in 07 completely different and take the title back. Then every one that had been saving for a year to buy that shiny new ninja will think twice and get the real machine.
Kinda like Xbox 360 and PS3. Xobox comming out this fall. PS3 comming out in the spring, but a week after the PS they are going to release Halo3 one of the most popular video games ever. Steal there thunder is all I am saying.
So what if you had the title of baddest bike for one year. Our lost it for one. Hold it for seven!! Our hold it for seven on the first run of the platform (pretty inpressive) then take it back on the second of the platform and keep it for another seven.
I guess all I am saying is that it won't surprise me if Suzuki tells us that the body aint getting changed this year. In reality I hope it doesn't, casue I would think it would be darn funny to do it next year and clean the bike world off it's feet all over again. Just a thought........ Sorry guys if I rambeled but it's 3 am and I have been at work for 12 hours. Take it easy. See you on the road.

While I am Busa-less for the moment after my turbo melted down for the third and final time, I am sincerely hoping that Suzuki does some updates soon. I miss my Busa, but it will hard to cough up the $$$ for 7 year old technology considering some of the other monsters available on the market now...

Dont kid yourself. Your really not the only one watching. Big Brother, ahem, deep throat... errrr I mean Suzuki is all over it.
Its not that we don't care. Its that guys here are used to not getting anything but BNG from Suzuki every year. Every year the same topic comes up at model changing time.
Suzuki has a lot to live up to in changing the Busa. Because of the very popularity that its loyal Busa guys have given to its namesake. Suzuki has a way of not forgetting its bread and butter - the owners. They will do it Big. When the change occurs - '06 or '07 - rest assured. We will all be wowed. Again. Like we were in '99. Like we were when we first rode the Busa.
Like a virgin. Touched for the very first time..... again.

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: "dumbass.... why do u care?"|1127282174 -->

tedbiele-
I think that you misunderstood. I did not try to give the impression that we don't care. I was more trying to convey that Suzuki is playing games with the rest of these bike corps. And more to the point getting the rest of the fans siked up till we can't take no more. Just to elivate our impaitence with givin us something nobody thought was possible. Maybee I should have posted this in the smack shack. But anyway now that I re read my orginal post, I can see how my attempts at humor and sarcasim might have misunderstood. Just sayin I want to see the new busa thats all. I am sick of talkin about the majority of my waking life with my budys. I WANT TO SEE IT NOW. However I would never give my current Busa up for anything new and shiny

I've avoided the 06/07 Busa threads until now.SpeedAdict, I see your logic & it makes sense. Either way Suzuki decides to fly with a "New Busa", or if they even decide to make a Newer model, Im still keeping my 05. Ive said it in previous posts and will say it again, the 05 LE has been the Best purchase I have ever made next to my over priced German Shepherd (half the price of a new busa...sigh).

If they come out with an improved model, than I will wait a year for the bugs to be worked out & purchase the next following year if my funds allow such a purchase & the world hasn't come to an end (Some crazy stuff happening...saving that for Smack Shack). If Suzuki released a 220 hp Busa but changed the body work in a way that doesnt enhance its already Perfect presence, than I will keep what I have. Most of the people here and at SH.org have Busa's that are so moded, that it would take another 20 years for Suzuki to possibly match the current stable of moded Busa's.

If ya want a Kawi, than buy it and thats what you will get is a Kawi. Im sure there are a few members here that leave their Busa's in stock form, but Im not one of them. If I wanted to be like everyone else I would have got a Harley instead of a Victory, and got an R1 instead of a Busa. Will the new Kawi walk on a stock 05 Busa - most likely depending on rider, but will a stock Kawi walk on a slightly moded Busa, well thats where the fun begins. Nothing better than smokin a shiny new "King of the Hill Kawi" with 7 year old suzuki technology. If the Kawi still walks on me, well than maybe I need a new performance mod, but the New Kawi will never have the looks and history of the current Busa. And if the New Busa is "Don't tell your friends & lights off type of Gal" well than I will keep my current model and be happy I own a part of history.

I hope Suzuki does bring forward a new Busa, I love reading the shoot-out's between bikes. And I do agree that the Busa could use some mechanical updates, I say leave the looks of the bike alone. To change her face in my opinion would be a disgrace. But wait you say, new is always better than old...well, would you say that Grace Kelly, Marilyn Monroe, Ava Gardner, & many others in their prime were any less beautiful than the Beauties of today? I will keep my Ava Gardner & I will let some other guy have Liv Tyler. Both are great, but Im sorta picky about certain things. Than again the guy who puts his deposit down on the new kawi is probably the same type of guy that has a pin-up of Rosie Odonnell in his garage. Yup Rosie will body-slam Ava, there is no doubt, but Im willing to live with that.

lurk.gif

While I am Busa-less for the moment after my turbo melted down for the third and final time, I am sincerely hoping that Suzuki does some updates soon.  I miss my Busa, but it will hard to cough up the $$$ for 7 year old technology considering some of the other monsters available on the market now...
Good to see you're still around Doc. BTW-your Busa in the Full Tilt Video was a very sweet machine. We all definitely admired it. How much boost were you running when you were up against that Supra?

Ahhhhh speedy! I see. Well - they will reveal the Busa to the Suzuki Dealers first at the show - Oct 2-4th - then to the gen-pop.

Hahahaha.... we are all sick with wonder! ME TOO TRUST ME!! LOL! I see your point bro! Trust me. I wanna know too. Will tell me whether I get a new bike or possibly go turbo with this one! LOL!

Years ago, they used to never tell people what the new models were gonna be like in the Auto industry. they would white-wash the windows of the dealers even with sneaker polish and then the day the new models were to be released - wash the windows clean and let everyone in on it! The musclecar guys used to get sick waiting for it! LOL!

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127327059 -->

This is probably the best thread Ive read on this subject. I'm so anxious I'm sick. So what are you guys predicting the le color to be? I'd like to see a TLR yellow.
lurk.gif

While I am Busa-less for the moment after my turbo melted down for the third and final time, I am sincerely hoping that Suzuki does some updates soon.  I miss my Busa, but it will hard to cough up the $$$ for 7 year old technology considering some of the other monsters available on the market now...
Good to see you're still around Doc. BTW-your Busa in the Full Tilt Video was a very sweet machine. We all definitely admired it. How much boost were you running when you were up against that Supra?
WoW, just found this old post...

Thanks, it "should" have had about 12 pounds, but it was boosting higher, more like 16 pounds. Hence the melt-down. The turbo-busa was fun, but WAY WAY WAY too much money went into it. I am just sad I did not get to run the "main Supra" guy...

If I hit a jack-pot out here, maybe I will do another turbo someday... but NOT today.

As far as the Busa and redesign, I have loved the Busa for years (see when I joined the site...). That said, it is time for some improvements, like radial brakes, better suspension, etc. The bike is a classic, but it is starting to remind me of the V-max which is still a classic, but largely outdated. As far as "king of the hill" factor, that's just posser value anyway... if you want to be king of the hill, get a turbo bike!

The sad part is, the 186mph limit. Back when the speed wars started (Honda Hurricane time frame), there were no limits, other than the sky.

So here's what we can expect Suzuki is thinking for their new hyper-bike model:

1) How fast can we get it to 186? And/or...
2) How light can we make it? And/or...
3) How many bells & whistles can we hang off it? And/or...
4) How can we improve handling & braking? And/or...
4) How pretty can we make it?

Don't be surprised if you're not "wow'ed" by the new model. Check out what Yamaha is doing to some of their '06 models; taking away the clutch lever and adding push-button-shifting and front/rear linked-ABS-brakes (can you say "scooter"?). Who the hell needs that? This could be the beginning of the end folks! Buy a '99 to '05 Busa before it's too late! And maybe a spare! The sky is falling!
laugh.gif

Went to the dealer to pick up the paper work on the new 1000 the other day and what they said was there was no way that suzuki was going to let the new ninja go unanswered,and that everyone would see at the show.I guess we'll see.:)

How related the B-King naked bikes are to what'll happen with the Busa. Two B-king nakeds 600 and 1500 cc version. B king started with Busa turbo at first then went with 1500 cc. Was it a Busa 1500cc dropped in it cause they had it already.
Yup these things are for real now.

Bking.jpg

The sad part is, the 186mph limit.  
Thats why I ride around on an unrestricted 2000 model, that and the fact I'm a little reluctant to buy anything newer now until next summer when, plus lack of cashish... with any luck the new model may be available, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Not that I've gone over 186, but I like to think the bike can do it if I wanted it to.

<!--EDIT|kod3001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128175537 -->

Not that I've gone over 186, but I like to think the bike can do it if I wanted it to.
[/QUOTE]
That's the real funny part to me... almost no one has taken their Busa's to the limit in 6th gear anyway, yet everyone is sad they can't go faster... just makes me laugh. I had an de-restricted '01 and never peged it, just because it took too long to get there. On the Turbo Busa though... I maxed it out until the pistons melted... :-(

Well I don't know if anyone else noticed this or not so I will post my opinion.

I deffinately do not think suzuk will have somthin new for 06'.

Why?
Look at the graphics pattern for the past 6 yrs.
99 and 00 is the same
01 and 02 is the same
03 and 04 is the same
and well im sure 05 and 06 will be the same. IMO

Can't wait till 07' BABY!

Back