05 gsxr1000 fork swap/need advice

pads & tephlon lines done.would it even be worth swapping the master?......I swaped the master on my 00 zx12 for a 08 zx10 & felt a huge difference.

the swap is worthwhile but expect to invest more than $150 in the end.

The mc is worthwhile but could have some clearance issues with the windshield

its really not the $$$.but,I think I'll try the master swap first since I could get it for $20.00............thanks for all the help/info.:bowdown:

it is the lower clamp that needs a shim with the older gsxr 1K forks

07-08 are thicker than gen1 busa forks on the lower clamp end
I have 08 gsxr 1000 forks/wheels, calipers, M/C
I had to bore the lower clamp .020
for the front wheel I have 08 gsxr axle with zooks wheels spacers and spacers under the rotors
the rear wheel is gsxr 1000 spacers with .125 milled off the busa brake hanger

I have a friend that is piecing out a 05 gsxr1000 & I could pick up the forks,rotors,calipers & master super cheap.my question is will this all just swap over & will I be able to mount my front fender & rims without turning it into a project?......thanks in advance

Hello. I have a Busa K4 with K6 gixxer 1000 forks. For the modification need a gixxer axle, some shims for lower triple tree, and 3 pieces of 2mm spacer under brake disc, because gixxer 1000 k5-k6's triple tree 4mm narrower than busa's. Original Busa rims ok, no need change. For orig. Busa front fender need some spacer.
Sorry for bad english.

Kép 001.jpg

take note he's forgetting to mention the very obvious spacers he has between his calipers and the forks viewable in his picture :poke:

and the fact that 05-06 rotors don't bolt up to oem busa wheels.

"and 3 pieces of 2mm spacer under brake disc" sorry, need one-one piece spacer under brake disc, and certainly 1-1 (total: 4) spacer for brake caliper. And a Busa brake disc ok, don't need change

Last edited:
Back