05 GSXR1000

I like both bikes....
cool.gif

single sided swingarm on the honda eh?? must be pretty beefy if its 1400cc
wow.gif

IMHO I think that honda will not make anything too out there, they are never getting in any of the power and speed wars, at least so far.... they like to play with weight, handling and always put alot of new gadgets(technology)....
That's what I 've noticed from observing cbr series....

'be nice if they change that.....like the time first fireblade came out and shocked all with it's power/weight.....

Yes, the 900RR set a new standard, but as for the speed wars, remember Honda held the speed record with the CBR1100XX overtaking the ZX-11 in 97... In 99 the Busa abruptly ended that.

Technologically advanced for sure. Like the linked brakes in 1/2 their bikes and the electronic steering dampner on the 1000RR.

True, XX set a new standard, but then it is usually when the new bike/model comes out (like XX came out beat Kawi, but then all subsequent updates is just minor tweaks, they would not try to reclaim the crown etc....) They like to take about 4yrs. before major revamp.... i mean their bikes would sell well so they probadly figured why mess with it.....

The Gixxer looks great but all I've ever heard from anyone with a bike with undertail exhaust is how hot your azz gets riding it.

Still looks sweet, though.

I try to get some of my buddies to translate for me to find out some specs.
Did you find anything out yet from your Japanese buddies?  How is Kadena?  I was there two months ago on a trip to Darwin.

Wolf
Not yet, but I will post it up as soon as I find out some more good info.  Yes I love Kadena, I am going to IPCOT this year, pending approval.  It's a nice assignment.
I was at Kadena in '87 and '88, I was part of the Red Horse team from Osan that remodeled the NCO academy there. I wonder how things have changed there in 16 years.
rock.gif

I try to get some of my buddies to translate for me to find out some specs.
Did you find anything out yet from your Japanese buddies?  How is Kadena?  I was there two months ago on a trip to Darwin.

Wolf
Not yet, but I will post it up as soon as I find out some more good info.  Yes I love Kadena, I am going to IPCOT this year, pending approval.  It's a nice assignment.
I was at Kadena in '87 and '88, I was part of the Red Horse team from Osan that remodeled the NCO academy there. I wonder how things have changed there in 16 years.
rock.gif
I am sure they have changed drastically. The countryside is all but gone on the lower 1/2 of the island. You have to go up north to get out of the city.

Back