05 GSXR1000

BusaFever

Post ***** Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
Hey folks,

I picked up this mag the other day, and it has pics of the 05 GSXR1k. I see and undertail exhaust, and flush blinkers as external changes. Also new bodywork that almost completely covers up the frame.
It looks pretty sharp.
Of course it is written in Kanji so I cannot read it, but I can tell that it will have 998ccs rather than 988. Hell it may not be the real deal, but it looks like it to me.
I'll post a pic in a minute. My scanner isn't working so I will take a pic of the Mag & post it. Hopefully the quality will be decent.

-Bill

Here it is...

21_Jul_04_014.jpg

Looks like Honda may be making a 1400cc V5 also. I think they are calling it the VFRXX, but I am not sure. Like I said, I don't want to jump to several conclusions, just what it looks like to me.

Pics coming up.

Sorry for the poor quality, my scanner is broke. That honda looks cool, I see V5 engine, single sided swingarm, dual ABS linked brakes, and an undertail exhaust.

Not trying to spread rumors here or anything, I just found this mag, bought it, and figured I would post it up for you guys. Hell they may be concept bikes, but as you can see it does say 05 Gsxr1000 across the picture of the zuk.

I try to get some of my buddies to translate for me to find out some specs.

They both look like serious bikes...Your right they may be concepts but their close to the design of the other bikes too...
evil.gif

Dayuuum! That gixxer looks sweet!
drooling3.gif
I can't wait to see what zook actually does send over for '05.
wink.gif

if the GSXR1k is any indication of what Zuki is going to do... I can't wait to see the next Hayabusa... I mean if these liter-bikes are getting this serious... imagine what they are going to do with the Busa... I mean... they can't have the top dog dwarfed, right?

talked to my dealer the other day. He told me that he cant order any more zuks till Jan `05. Thay are retooling the plant and changing everything!!!!!!! So what your dealers have on the floor is what thay get till next year!

THATS RIGHT PEOPLE NEW BODY AND BALLS FOR ALL THE ZUKI LINE!!!!!!

1400cc Honda ?? I cant seem to find any info on this bike... hmm.. Ill be in the market to get a bike in 2005 after 8 years of not riding. Looks like there will be plenty of choices when the time comes.
biggrin.gif

I looking at the zuki for 05 as the busas little brother in the garage.
I dont really like the looks of the seat on the honda even though it looks comfy.

That would be very sweet if that's what the new Gix is going to look like. I think I saw those pics somewhere before. I think it looks like photo chop w/ some creativity. First, the front intakes look like R1. the turn signals are EXACTLY those of the European ZX-10R. Swing arm looks familiar...I can't place it... Honda or Aprilia, or another make. Headlights look like stretched out TLR.
I'll believe it when I see it. The VFR looks like the same type of work...a cross between 1000RR and old VFR and some creative artwork and stretching. I don't know...could be the real deal. Something to think about and perhaps look forward to. Thanks for sharing BusaFever
biggrin.gif

Nah, They are prolly going to be bringing the V-five to the roads though... They are spending WAY too much money on their V-Five to not recoup some of the costs on the market... I think Honda will either build a super hardcore CBR 1000 with a V-5 or do what they did before with the RC45 and such and move the technology to the VFR... I would love a v-five VFR with all the right stuff... That could be a Busa Beater in every way...

Back