05, 2800 Miles and running worse please help??

Shipped injectors to RC today, overnight, I should have them back by the weekend and will post and update to all of you that helped me. Again, thank's so much for being such a great group and I look forward to an affiliation and friendship with you guys for a long time to come.

:thumbsup:Peace all,

Also, Riceman, good call on MPS, I checked em out and they look as if they will be a great local place to have work done as they specialize in the BUSA. Anyone know if the stock ECU remapping is as good as they say it is? MPS Racing Home Let me know please.

Dave

Last edited:
Remapping the stock ECU is just as good as using a pc3. Only real difference is the pc3 lets you doing it with ease. Not everyplace can remap a stock ecu.

Just a stupid hint here but have you adjusted the idle to 1200 rpms?

Also sync your throttle bodies.
If you are sure that you have spark in each cylinder, and you know that you have fuel by the color of the plugs, thats where i would start!

One other gremlin that it could be is is the map sensor!

I'm thinking about trying their stock ECU programming. I'll let you know how it turns out. When you get your bike running good again, maybe we can take some rides together in O-town.

man i am sure there is someone close to where you are that can help. Start a post asking for help in florida. I am sure someone will come to the rescue

No, I think he means start a "new" thread addressed to all the Florida O-R-G in the title :whistle:.... :oldcool: There are a lot of committed O-R-G that live in the Sunshine State. If I had the money, I'd take an airplane trip myself...heck I love traveling.....and wrenching on Busa's....what's our experience good for if we can't share it. Then again, these boys also know all the awesome wrenches in the neighborhood. :bowdown:

I knew he wanted me to start a new thread Spud but, I think with your assistance, this will be wrapped up by the weekend. I am confident we got the resolution. Actually, it would be cheaper for me to fly you here and back rather than let the local Suzuki shop work on it:welcome:. Anyhow, I should have the injectors back Friday or Saturday and will have the other projects completed prior to that and I can put them in and zip it back up in about 20 min. I only wish I had new screws for the darn air box clamps and some GOOD screwdrivers!:whistle:

This site and you guys are awesome, hope to ride with y'all someday soon.

Dave

Idle is at 1100-1150. GIXERHP, map sensor and sync throttle bodies? She has just been sitting. Can these go bad from being stored and covered in a garage? I ask because I don't know but with my limited knowledge, it seems unlikely this could happen. I think Spudley agrees with me on this but?? Chime in because y'all know more than I do but I am in a forced learning stage right now, and it's good. Getting to know the bike far more intimately than anticipated this early on but. Hands on knowledge is working and lack of fear to do what you guys suggest will get this bird flying again hopefully, by the weekend!!

Peace,

Dave

Riceman, hell yes, I will hit you up as soon as we are flying and we will cruise out Bro. Sounds awesome and I need some BUSA buddies to ride with here in Orlando!! Holla

STRIFE, cool please let me know.

Last edited:
Just picked up some Berryman B-12 and some new plugs so the saga continues as I wait for my injectors..................................................:thumbsup:

Hell, everybody come, all BUSA Motorheads in the house come to Florida and tune my bike! This weekend? Nah, I got it. Can only be so many things and I have replaced most of them already but...I hope I got em all now. :laugh:

Hey guys, new busa owner, but had cycles a long time. Also a wrench head... went to college and graduated for it, though now in medical field as it pays better :laugh:...

Not sure about the busa as I am new to working on them... but for next time if you can isolate the cylinder that is missing, at idle... (i use a technical spit test on the headers lol) or if you have a nice laser temp gun they are nice.... find the one missing, and swap the injectors with another cylinder... if that one does it... your are diagnosed..

Again not sure how the busa's injectors are configured, as I pick up my bike saturday, but typically 2 of the injectors are identical...

LET US KNOW HOW IT WORKS when you get them back. :thumbsup:

Got the tracking number from RC Injectors as they are on the way to to FL after a 6,000 mile trip. I am sure the postal guys shook everything that was clogging them, loose so they should be righteous when I get them on Saturday. I hope the report sheet shows I had problems. I will post it up.:thumbsup:

Watch this whole thing be a loose ground wire or something crazy like that. hehehehe, just my luck. But, I got some clean fuel injectors and new plugs so we be good soon!:cheerleader:

Well if it is....you have clean / matched injectors and you saved about $700 !!!! :super: We'll go through it, plus all the usually-missed assembly items.... :oldcool:

I appreciate all your assistance Spud. You have saved me a ton of money for sure. I felt compelled to donate to captain for his cause primarily due to your kindness and willingness to help me out. I appreciate all you guys have done to point. I hope I can give back to the great organization! :thumbsup:

Dave

Back