05 Busa 2,99 miles running real rough help!!

miserycaptain

Donating Member
Registered
Hello,

I purchased an 05 recently that has done more looking pretty than cruising around. I bought it two months ago and it was stalling at idle. Shortly after with sea foam, and several other Suzuki recommended additives, it is running worse. Smells like fuel through exhaust. I changed the fuel pump to be sure it was good and it was. I checked the plugs and they looked dry and tan. I am thinking injectors and wondering whether I can change them myself. How tough is it to remove the throttle body and how easy is it to mess up with reasonable mechanical talent? Suzuki estimates 4-7 hundred dollars for this repair and I hate giving that money away but, I have gone as far as I know comfortably to no avail.

Sounds like it is running on 3 cylinders. Last several weeks it was breaking up at low RPM but would react perfectly under throttle. Am I on track with injectors and if so, how can I find OEM replacements so I can at least purchase the parts and have them install them if necessary. I rode this bike 6 months ago before I bought it and it ran great. Please help me, I want to ride my BUSA without loosing all my money and I want to have this perfect machine act like the MoNsTeR it can be!!

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Dave

Sorry, it had 2800 miles when I bought it in November. It has 3,400 miles now. Like I said, got worse...

Last edited:
Sorry, it had 2800 miles when I bought it in November. It has 3,400 miles now. Like I said, got worse...

does it have a power commander on it

does it have after market exaust. IIf it does and no pc3 that might be your problem. if it has a commander then plug it back to stock.... but if it is all stock them it might be it need to be synched

How does it get out of Sync? Just wondering. This is the throttle bodies we are talking about correct? And, do you know what that may cost to have done at Suzuki? Thanks for the help,

Dave

not sure omar helped with mine so around 100 i would assume but it could be your injectors coil packs it could be anything

I am bummin. Suzuki has me as I don't know any private GOOD mechanics in my area. This is gonna be bad!

Back