Ammo Can ID?

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
Hey all, I need a little help with an ID on this can. And if anybody knows where I could get some more in good condition, that would be a big help as well.

Thanks!

Exterior dimensions are:

14 3/8" Tall

17 3/8" Wide

7 1/2" Deep

IMG_4487.jpg

IMG_4477.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

IMG_4475.jpg

IMG_4478.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg

Yeah, I've checked there occasionally, but haven't found this exact can. Thanks :beerchug:

I never noticed the little M548 stamp on the bottom corner until I took these pics... that may be the info I need.

M548 40mm Grenade

Everytime I google it I get a different answer.. :rofl:

Its good looking though. I'm a sucker for a clean ammo can!
Wish I new a place to get ahold of some for cheap. The ones here at the gun shows and surplus' are all rusty and beat up.. :(

Yeah, I got two of these at a gun show a few years ago. The guy only had two, or I would've bought more...

classicarms.us try them they always seem to be getting rid of cans

yeah man, well we don't throw them away but something similiar, we DRMO them. after the ammo is taken out and shot on a range we have no use for the can, the ammo cans are useless to us after that. we go threw thousands of them a year, i mean i've taken a few home for my personal use, but like i said if your were closer i could give you all you want. if we got caught selling them it'd be my ass, but it ain't going to hurt if a few slip through the cracks as long as the military markings are taken off.

unfortunetly i won't be able to make it. i was making plans with Russell, but then i got the word....:banghead::banghead::banghead: i will be in Sgt's Course.

he works on base to:thumbsup: so i know he could get some, he would just have to become friends with an armory tech like me:beerchug: or he could swing by my way, but that's a heck of a detour

he works on base to:thumbsup: so i know he could get some, he would just have to become friends with an armory tech like me:beerchug: or he could swing by my way, but that's a heck of a detour

I'm gonna try to play match maker for you two lovebirds so Chattanooga and I get get some ammo can love! :whistle:

Back