Computer gurus

(newmill @ Feb. 11 2007,19
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) The pdf does work but....it doesn't display as an object.
I would rather it display without clicking the link, but at least that's an option.

But how do I save an excel spreadsheet as a pdf ??

(Charlesbusa @ Feb. 11 2007,22:13)
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
I would rather it display without clicking the link, but at least that's an option.

You will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Writer. Look around the internet and you can get an older version for cheap $$$$. You might have a "lite" version that came with your (or your buddies) scanner.
It installs like a printer...you "print to" the writer and it produces a .pdf file.

first the code would have to exist ( which I do not think the Ikonboard allows)
and THEN the feature would have to be enabled...which is another doubtful scenario unless you were admin of the board.
The people over at www.ikonboard.com may also be able to help a little better.... I did a quick search and didn't get any hits right away.

What I would suggest is just building the table in the resolution and layout that you prefer ... and then providing a "Link" to that table at your own site (such as the free web space usually provided to you by your ISP).
Your link could be a logo or image of your choosing to make it more attractive.
The names and other inputs could be hyper links to different race result pages and so forth ...depending on how deep you wanted to go.

Here is an example of a table (not excel) that I built for people to email Power Commander Maps to if they like...
It's a table that I can edit and add to when I choose and the link always remains the same.
Unless you are looking for a table that does point calculation for you.... this layout would be easier!

Just click the logo "borrowed" from Power Commander for the sake of expedience.

pc.jpg

If you a dead set on sing a spread sheet ...like excel...then a web authoring application like front page that will integrate with it can also help...just be sure to find out what the board is set up to display best at... some people still use 800X600 when building.

(BusaCruise @ Feb. 12 2007,00:25) first the code would have to exist ( which I do not think the Ikonboard allows)
and THEN the feature would have to be enabled...which is another doubtful scenario unless you were admin of the board.
The people over at www.ikonboard.com may also be able to help a little better.... I did a quick search and didn't get any hits right away.

What I would suggest is just building the table in the resolution and layout that you prefer ... and then providing a "Link" to that table at your own site (such as the free web space usually provided to you by your ISP).
Your link could be a logo or image of your choosing to make it more attractive.
The names and other inputs could be hyper links to different race result pages and so forth ...depending on how deep you wanted to go.

Here is an example of a table (not excel) that I built for people to email Power Commander Maps to if they like...
It's a table that I can edit and add to when I choose and the link always remains the same.
Unless you are looking for a table that does point calculation for you.... this layout would be easier!

Just click the logo "borrowed" from Power Commander for the sake of expedience.

pc.jpg

If you a dead set on sing a spread sheet ...like excel...then a web authoring application like front page that will integrate with it can also help...just be sure to find out what the board is set up to display best at... some people still use 800X600 when building.
Drat.

I want to use a excel or other spreadsheet so it automatically adds the numbers for us.  Is there a website like photobucket or something that can host a spreadsheet and then I make a link to it??

Or I guess I can make a rough table in word and use a stink'in calculator to add up the numbers  
pissed.gif

(newmill @ Feb. 11 2007,23:29)
(Charlesbusa @ Feb. 11 2007,22:13)
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

You will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Writer. Look around the internet and you can get an older version for cheap $$$$. You might have a "lite" version that came with your (or your buddies) scanner.
It installs like a printer...you "print to" the writer and it produces a .pdf file.
Adobe writer...

does that mean I'll have to print and then scan it back as a pdf??

or does it convert an excel file to a pdf without all the printing and scanning??

Charles -

1) If you email me the excel spreadsheet I can convert it to PDF for you

2) I have my own domain and web site, I can also host whatever file you want and you can create whatever links you want.

3) I can do anything just let me know what you want..
biggrin.gif

(BusaCruise @ Feb. 12 2007,16:37) shoot me an address...I can send you Acrobat 7.0 Pro.     ....it'll do everything.
Definetly take him up on that offer and no there will be no printing/scanning etc.

(thrasherfox @ Feb. 12 2007,13:44) Charles -

1)  If you email me the excel spreadsheet I can convert it to PDF for you

2) I have my own domain and web site, I can also host whatever file you want and you can create whatever links you want.

biggrin.gif
Jeez, just try and work with me a little
poke.gif

Your the best Bro
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif

If the excel spreadsheet is converted to a pdf, will I still be able to plug in numbers every week and have the spreadsheet calculate the math for me like it does in excel??

biggrin.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Feb. 12 2007,22:19)
(thrasherfox @ Feb. 12 2007,13:44) Charles -

1) If you email me the excel spreadsheet I can convert it to PDF for you

biggrin.gif
Jeez, just try and work with me a little
poke.gif

Your the best Bro
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif

If the excel spreadsheet is converted to a pdf, will I still be able to plug in numbers every week and have the spreadsheet calculate the math for me like it does in excel??
No, if the spreadsheet is converted you wont be able to plug numbers in nor will it run calculations..

Give me a few days to work on it.. I will try to figure something out

biggrin.gif

Can someone who does NOT have excel click on these links and tell me what happens.

I have excel on all my computers, when I click on the links from my web browser it opens the spreadsheet in Internet Explorer. But I dont know if when excel is installed, it becomes like a plug in, or if internet explorer as it built in to read excel spreadsheets.

Anyway, can someone help me test this. I know it works if you have excel

Here are the two links

Charles, let me know if this is sort of what you are looking for.

http://www.rbrooks.net/motogp/mgptpoints.xls

http://www.rbrooks.net/motogp/mgptroster.xls

The problem is that Excel creates overly complex HTML. It can be simplified so that Ikonboard can understand it, but that's more time consuming to make it a viable solution. The simple solution since Thasherfox said whaterver you want
smile.gif
:
1) Charles send the XLS file to Thrasherfox.
2) Thrasher saves the XLS as HTML, publishes it on his site.
3) one of you post the link.

Repeat steps 1 and 2 for every update. As long as Thrasherfox publishes it as the same URL, the link would not need to be changed.

(Charlesbusa @ Feb. 13 2007,09:48)
That is great Ron!!  
biggrin.gif

That'll work just fine.

I just want to make sure you willing to host the spreadsheet for me  
tounge.gif
 There are 18 races, so I'll update the spreadsheet 18 times throughout the season.  Ron, you are the BEST!!  
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
No worries, just send me the updates when you have them. Glad I could help
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

(thrasherfox @ Feb. 13 2007,10:21)
(Charlesbusa @ Feb. 13 2007,09:48)
That is great Ron!!  
biggrin.gif

That'll work just fine.

I just want to make sure you willing to host the spreadsheet for me  
tounge.gif
 There are 18 races, so I'll update the spreadsheet 18 times throughout the season.  Ron, you are the BEST!!  
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
No worries, just send me the updates when you have them. Glad I could help    
beerchug.gif
I sent you a PM before I read this reply
wink.gif

I appreciate the help, stats are important for this type of contest
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

Back