Muffler

djac2163

Registered
Can any one comment on two brothers M2 mufflers,trying to find the right muffler with the RIGHT SOUND,thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry i mised this post. i have a set love them. the sound is deep. it sounds like a gt mustang. but gets louder above 7000rpm. i had thought about full system but now i will never change.

DSCF1203__Large_.JPG

another. they are not cheep. found mine used. hope this helps:cool:

DSCF1201__Large_.JPG

FWIW: I have seen some on other bikes (Kawi's) where the carbon finish deteriorates. Could be lack of maintainence or something specific to the Kawi.

I have the Two Bros C5 Carbon Fiber on my Busa, and the C5 x-metal on my sv1000. I think the x-metal looks better, but they are no longer made. They both sound great.

The carbon fiber mufflers bleed off heat much quicker then the stock mufflers. When properly packed they never really heat up. I can touch mine with the bike hot and running and they are barley warm. They also don't show nicks or scratches like a metal muffler will, and they weigh a lot less then the stockers.

The down side...
If you don't repack them when necessary the carbon fiber will start to deteriorate and eventually fail. Something to do with they heat cycling, or so a wise man once told me. I have personally seen failure in two completely non-packed carbon fiber mufflers that left them so weakened that you could crumple them like a pop can.

IMG_0504.jpg

Back