Muffler Teardown

Gerald

Registered
I recently purchased a set of 1999 highly polished factory Busa cans which have had the inner muffler/baffle mod done to make them a tadd louder.I prefer the quiet stock sound and would like to swap mod inners out to get the stock sound back.My question is...will the 2002 inner muffler/baffle parts work in the 1999 muffler?

I'm fairly certain the factory cans have remained the same through the years.:;):

Thanks Nitro,I thought so too but didn't want to waste a pair finding out.What works good for breaking the weld on the factory screws nears the muffler tips?

Funny you would post about this, when I first got my bike, I noticed on the cans the allen bolts for removing the baffles, then I noticed that these bolts had been welded at the factory I presume to prevent this from occuring!

Thanks Nitro,I thought so too but didn't want to waste a pair finding out.What works good for breaking the weld on the factory screws nears the muffler tips?
Prolly a small grinding wheel on a dremel, just be careful, you wouldnt want to scratch them all up,They are attractive cans, just a little on the quite side, thats all.You probably would fair better just asking for a set from the members here, most people will give them away for shipping,I bought a set brand new for 40 bucks and paid a hundred to have them shipped! Isnt that a hoot? NJ.

Back