need help with Yoshimura full exhaust

flystrt

Registered
Please help me out with this, im a noob and dont know much about this stuff. I bought a 2008 Hayabusa last month, it has a yoshimura full exhaust on it with the TRS tri-oval muffler. Now the problem is the guy i bought the bike from gutted out the muffler to make it louder, he took out all the packing in the muffler, so its basically a tin can and the bike sounds like a lawn mower with it, theres also a big hole on the muffler. I know i can just order a replacement muffler from yoshimura but i hate yoshimura pipes, they're so quiet. Would any other muffler from other manufactures fit on a yoshimura header? or do i have to get another yoshi pipe?

2007_Yoshimura_Tri-Oval_TRS_Race_Exhaust_System.jpg

Skydyvyr

Registered
I also have a full Yoshi exhaust on my Gen1 and didn't like the sound or looks of the muffler either. I previously had a pair of Two Bros slip-ons and preferred the sound and looks a lot. Since the Yoshi pipe had a slightly larger pipe diameter (roughly 0.25"). I had a local welder create an adapter for me and replaced the Yoshi muffler with one of the Two Bros:

View attachment 261729

I'm very happy now -- the growl is amazing, and I actually saw a slight HP & Torque gain on the dyno. It is pretty loud tho. If you are looking for a tame sound, this is not the way to go.

--Sky

GoldenChild

DID HE REALLY SAY THAT?
Donating Member
Registered
measure the outside diameter of your midpipe at end where can slides on. I have several styles of nice cans from different manufacturers..

flystrt

Registered
Thanks for your help. I looked around alot and i couldnt find anything so i just decided to buy a Yoshi r55 muffler on ebay and put it on the bike. Its still not loud but it sounds and looks nice.

IMAG1463.jpg

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilbert bush