Good Laugh.. alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Income is only one way the top tier is advantaged. As you said, wealth is different. That chart is misleading....

Facts are just facts how people use (or misuse) them can be misleading. Are the tax rates fair (equitable)? That can be up for discussion.

Facts are just facts
how people use
( or misuse )
them can be
misleading .

Are the tax rates
fair ( equitable ) ?

That can be up

for discussion .

w298i9j1oig21.jpg

Sooooo......

Really hard to contribute here, but what do all think of Howard Schultz running for President?

I'm going to help my left leaning brethren here by saying this. I do believe we need a tax overhaul. It is completely wrong that GE pays less taxes than I do. It is also completely wrong that those that make more should be penalized for it. Flat tax for all. Simple. And you can eliminate the IRS. Too radical I know.

Yes there are a lot of loopholes that should get closed. The rich get too many breaks there.

But the best way to eliminate jobs is to make a corporation pay more taxes here than they would pay somewhere else. If they manufacture out of country, make them pay a penalty tax on the product that they sell back to us.

Facts are just facts how people use (or misuse) them can be misleading. Are the tax rates fair (equitable)? That can be up for discussion.
It's misleading in that the implication that the wealthier pay more taxes than the rest, particularly the middle, and that's not accurate. Income tax is a only one way of being benefitted.

I'm going to help my left leaning brethren here by saying this. I do believe we need a tax overhaul. It is completely wrong that GE pays less taxes than I do. It is also completely wrong that those that make more should be penalized for it. Flat tax for all. Simple. And you can eliminate the IRS. Too radical I know.

Yes there are a lot of loopholes that should get closed. The rich get too many breaks there.

But the best way to eliminate jobs is to make a corporation pay more taxes here than they would pay somewhere else. If they manufacture out of country, make them pay a penalty tax on the product that they sell back to us.
Some good points here. I suggest a flat sales tax on everything purchased. No exceptions or exemption. You don't like paying taxes? Don't spend.

Corporations don't pay taxes they only collect them, consumers pay the taxes through higher costs of goods. Eliminate all corporate and personal income taxes, eliminate all deductions for everyone personal and business, use a national sales tax (consumption tax) on all purchases. The only thing you don't pay tax on is food and Twinkie's aren't food. Once taxes are no longer hidden then there will be real budgetary reform.

Radical and unrealistic I know but then as a person or a business you can control the money you pay into the system through your consumption.

It's misleading in that the implication that the wealthier pay more taxes than the rest, particularly the middle, and that's not accurate. Income tax is a only one way of being benefitted.

The wealthy do pay more. Not saying that is good or bad it just is. But I do agree that there are other considerations such as inheritance, capital gains, property etc. Eliminating loopholes and deductions should be a priority.

Corporations don't pay taxes they only collect them, consumers pay the taxes through higher costs of goods. Eliminate all corporate and personal income taxes, eliminate all deductions for everyone personal and business, use a national sales tax (consumption tax) on all purchases. The only thing you don't pay tax on is food and Twinkie's aren't food. Once taxes are no longer hidden then there will be real budgetary reform.

Radical and unrealistic I know but then as a person or a business you can control the money you pay into the system through your consumption.
So common sense.......

Taxes are one of the major ways we throttle capitalism. For example the housing industry would crash if they eliminated the mortgage deduction. That's a major hit on jobs and spin off industries.

If you don't pay taxes where will the gove't get money to do all that they do? Do you really want to pay a tool on every road? Or have the emergency services show up at your door and ask for a credit card before they will transport you? Or have the Russians march in because there is no military? Few have the money to pay for the services the government provides and if you privatize things like utilities they would steal you blind because you have to pay whatever they want.

Taxes are one of the major ways we throttle capitalism. For example the housing industry would crash if they eliminated the mortgage deduction. That's a major hit on jobs and spin off industries.

If you don't pay taxes where will the gove't get money to do all that they do? Do you really want to pay a tool on every road? Or have the emergency services show up at your door and ask for a credit card before they will transport you? Or have the Russians march in because there is no military? Few have the money to pay for the services the government provides and if you privatize things like utilities they would steal you blind because you have to pay whatever they want.

Agreed. But telling the ones that have made more money they are going to be penalized for it, is the quickest way to take the incentive out of it for them to become wealthy. They will simply take their wealth and probably jobs, elsewhere.

Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, etc do a fine job of spreading around money for good causes. I'd much prefer they decide what to do with what they have earned than the government do so. That way its THEM that get to decide what a worthy cause. And WE. as in the tax payers, have no say in it.

Back