Basket Case Progress

The seat cowl will be going on...(need to strip clear coat and then re-coat) same original color (limited edition) as tank
I did not want to lose/completely eliminate this limited edition color because it just seems that it wouldn't really be a limited edition anymore (at all)... plus I really like the color.
I also have a new chrome passenger grab bar that will be going on 10% of the time.
This is starting to come together. I pick up the rest of parts 2maro @ dealership.
Getting stoked

IMG_20180107_212911.jpg

So dealer did not have everything in today that was supposed to be there they only had one out of 7 so I had to do something and I installed a phone charger on the right side panel of Dash
I purchased this a couple years ago from Japan and it's high high-quality
I did this because sometimes when using GPS if it is just running off of phone battery power it can fade out and screen is lost
this can be a bummer.

IMG_20180108_162035.jpg

IMG_20180108_162005.jpg

IMG_20180108_161948.jpg

IMG_20180108_161924.jpg

Ha,ha
Are you talking about the frame cover at the rear section? Because when I remove the piece that I just posted a picture of related to the phone charger I never had a cable on that when I removed it...???

Dealer called me yesterday and told me all the parts were in so I went in today and all but one were there but 1...They could not find the last one. So, they had to reorder it. what's a man going to do?... it has been obvious to me that when dealing with some dealers I must have extreme patience... not all are like this.
Even my pup was a little Disturbed

15157285832901357464160.jpg

1515728658485742447224.jpg

Dealer called me yesterday and told me all the parts were in so I went in today and all but one were there but 1...They could not find the last one. So, they had to reorder it. what's a man going to do?... it has been obvious to me that when dealing with some dealers I must have extreme patience... not all are like this.
Even my pup was a little Disturbed

View attachment 1578268

View attachment 1578269
Safely that’s why I just order it online

I hear you loud and clear. I've ordered 95% of everything online, but I just needed a few more things and couldn't wait as long as it takes one of my online Distributors to get them out to me. So I bit the bullet and paid s little more. Not... I paid a lot in time because a couple mistakes they made.
I'm going to get started here again in a few days. I pinched a nerve in my back about 4 days ago and got to take it easy for another few. But, it was worth it because the waves were insane. ☮️ out...Hayabusa lovers

I am really liking your get it done work ethic bro , your skills and willingness to make use of what you got is excellent . I am enjoying your thread a lot Reiecco , cheers . :beerchug:

I am really liking your get it done work ethic bro , your skills and willingness to make use of what you got is excellent . I am enjoying your thread a lot Reiecco , cheers . :beerchug:

Cheers back at you brother! Thanks... Yep another full day on the Busa, but very enjoyable. Starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. Haha
Used this black chrome paint yesterday and the day before painting these mirrors that were pitted in the chrome. I think I used Too Many coats as they just look black and not like black chrome.
I've always been challenged When painting metal.
15196061428791764132188.jpg

Started putting new fairings together today and installing padding and heat shield pieces.
There were a few tabs that didn't line up / were imperfect. Took about 2 and 1/2 hours to fix those imperfections.

IMG_20180226_124101.jpg

Back