Just went from Gen I to Gen II

mikbusa

Registered
My word, what a difference from 2006 to 2012! Was right around freezing, had some snow, so it was too cold to
really ride hard, and I take my time getting used to a new bike, but wow.

Everything seems to work better, especially the shift feel. Somehow the gen II even seems to feel lighter.

This was a left over new 2012, traded in my 06.
2012busa_1.jpg

2012busa_2.jpg

I had to take a pic at the dealer so my non riding friends could see that it's actually a new bike :D
Photo0058.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Went from a gen 1 to zx14 and now to gen 2 also. The gen 2 does seem lighter and shifts nicer. But thats all ive noticed so far besides if course the guages are 10x better then the lame gen 1 gauges. Not really a noticeable power difference so far. Maybe cause im used to the zx14. Thats pretty funny u got the same colors. Both are a rare color

nice subtle change.....the gen 2 does just feel like they tweaked the hicups from the gen 1 and the slight geometry change just lightens the front that wee bit to make the steering easier ....enjoy

:moon: I'm so jealous right now. I so want a gen 2 but I am finding it hard to part ways with my gen 1 and all that I've done to it to make it tailored to me:inlove2:. Congrats though...it looks awesome.

congrats on the new ride. i hope to do the same eventually or just keep the gen 1 and get a matching gen 2 to put beside it in the garage

Back