Gen II frame and Gen I frame????

crazy_mooh

Registered
what the different between gen II and gen I frames? a friend has a 2006 busa and would like to sweep the entry body and engine to Gen II frame. His 2006 busa has a 300 kit and a custom paint job that he wants to keep. Did anybody here did it before and what we need to do if it's possible? He did some mod to the engine so he might keep the same engine too. So, the change will be just the frame.

The frame is the same with the exception of the body mounts (the gen 1 has more than the gen 2 and the inner panel mounts are different) so if you are able to transfer the mounting brackets for the bodywork everything else will work.

I think then I need to compare the fairing and inner panel mounts first. If anyone did the compare please let me know because I don't know anybody has a gen II that I can check with.

the gen 1 swing arm wont work with the gen 2...correct me if im wrong but i am pretty sure i am not

the gen 1 swing arm wont work with the gen 2...correct me if im wrong but i am pretty sure i am not

I think they are the same other than how the brake caliper mounts up. If he uses a first gen swingarm he will have to use the first gen wheel and rear brake setup. Same can be said if he decides to use the second gen swingarm and wheel

I have a gen 1 arm on my gen 2, I also have gen brake setup as well. I didn't want to wait to send my arm out so they modified a gen 1.

Frames are the same, won't be a problem if you use gen1 front end and swingarm.

Shouldn't be any problemsince he is using the 300 kit off the gen 1 and as for the front wheel just a couple 5mm spacers on the calipers and a couple 1.5mm on the rotors and the gen 1 front wheel will work just fine with the gen 2 axle. As for the fairings I would assume just a couple different mounting points between the 2, but I would have to compare to see, never really even thought about it when I had mine down before. But since the riding season is pretty much gone here now I'll probably be pulling them both down for A good cleaning and maybe color change. :laugh:

Ping advertiser Pashnit here - he sells all the fairing stays you will need to mount the plastics to the new frame if I recall.

If the frames are so similar, why bother? Especially if he's keeping his Gen 1 fairings, swingarm, engine, etc. If there were no massive improvements for the Gen 2, it just seems like a extreme waste of time unless he's trying to keep his existing bike, but have a different VIN on it. And that just smells illegal to me.

Back