first 1/8 mile times.....

speedandangels

Registered
2012 busa
Bone stock minus yoshi slip ons
First time on the track with the busa,
Could not keep the front tire down. My first pass i cut a .450 reaction with a 7.22, five passes later I finally found the clutch feel off the line and cut a 6.710 and a 6.81, talk about improving....

ForumRunner_20120901_171502.png

ForumRunner_20120901_171502.png

Wow Ricky Gadson is worried now about losing his job if you can really pull off a 1.62 60' holeshot. Even pro riders cant pull any better then a 1.72

^ I hope you aren't being serious.???

Anyway, great passes! Keep it up, and welcome to the madness! With that 60 you should have been a little lower and higher mph. Must be a "full size" :beerchug: 1.62 60 would put a 210lb guy about a 6.35. Congrats on the new bike too!

Yeah, im around 220 suited, i was actually impressed with those times being as i was the only guy not stretched running, gonna try to make it back next weekend and dip into low sixes....and about the low mph, i was fighting the front tire elevation...thanks guys

^ I hope you aren't being serious.???

Anyway, great passes! Keep it up, and welcome to the madness! With that 60 you should have been a little lower and higher mph. Must be a "full size" :beerchug: 1.62 60 would put a 210lb guy about a 6.35. Congrats on the new bike too!

Uhhh yes, I am serious and speaking reality.
No way, No how a stock wheel base, stock clutch, stock suspension settings can be launched in the low 1.60's if so sounds as your local track needs to calibrate there timing system.
I am not saying I am the best with my avg 1.74's on my SWB no strapped busa weighing in around 245-250 suited. I am just speaking of what I have seen at the track with other GENII busas over the past 4 years.
I am also saying low 1.60's arent impossible on a SWB with a strap on, and clutch mods, or even a weight.
Here is an article I found when Gadson rode a Busa with another pro rider swapping in Vegas on the dragstrip....

Living Life One Quarter Mile at a Time | Accelerate Online - Official Publication of Riders of Kawasaki

Time_Slip_002_M.jpg

Yeah, im around 220 suited, i was actually impressed with those times being as i was the only guy not stretched running, gonna try to make it back next weekend and dip into low sixes....and about the low mph, i was fighting the front tire elevation...thanks guys

I'm with Lankee, I don't think that 60 is right. I've had some of them from time to time. Not sure how it happens but it does. You did great your first time out especially if you are stock height, no strap. Just go have fun and don't put low 6-second aspirations on your back or you are likely to be disappointed.

I am saying your tracks timing system is messed up...

Comparing your ticket to rickys ticket..

60' to 330'
Yours, 2.226 seconds.
Rickys, 2.752

But he is pulling more MPH at the 1/8 by 2.3 MPH

So yes, the timing system isnt accurate at your track.

Looks as its off about .2 Damn that means I can run 9's at your track:cheerleader:

Uhhh yes, I am serious and speaking reality.
No way, No how a stock wheel base, stock clutch, stock suspension settings can be launched in the low 1.60's if so sounds as your local track needs to calibrate there timing system.
I am not saying I am the best with my avg 1.74's on my SWB no strapped busa weighing in around 245-250 suited. I am just speaking of what I have seen at the track with other GENII busas over the past 4 years.
I am also saying low 1.60's arent impossible on a SWB with a strap on, and clutch mods, or even a weight.
Here is an article I found when Gadson rode a Busa with another pro rider swapping in Vegas on the dragstrip....

Living Life One Quarter Mile at a Time | Accelerate Online - Official Publication of Riders of Kawasaki

I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I suppose you believe everything you see online too? For my first post I was including the idea (in my mind) of running a strap on the front. I wasn't thinking about him not using one, so that's my bad. As far as low 1.6's with a strap well...how many slips do you want to see? My best was actually 1.59, but only once. That's also at 3 different tracks, and members on here can back that up that have seen it in person. I am NO EXPERT, just saying it's possible. Those 1.6's also equated a 6.33 in the 1/8. I'm far from a lightweight too! The "clutch mod" will not make you go any faster either, and only helps if you "happen" to have a bike that chatters. :beerchug:

No feathers ruffled..
I just want keep things in reality here for those that run swb non strapped bikes at there local dragstrips. Many read these titles and some try there luck on the dragstrips.
I dont doubt one bit you can 60' in the 1.6's and anyone with a few passes under there belt. Riding a strapped bike takes skill but the most challenging is in stock stance.
peace out with chicken grease. LOL!

Perhaps ricky slips the clutch more than i do, keeping the front tire down allowing him to accelerate more consistently than i did, thus not having to back out of it when the front tire lifts, guess that would explain his higher mph? Lower et? If i make it out of the 60 at 1.6xx but have to release say around the 100' mark to compensate for wheel lift, i lose a few tenths as well as mph, am i making sense? And according to the track, there system is dead on.... Macon national dragway, twiggs ga

Back