Spartan Leathers?

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
Is anyone here familiar with this brand? http://www.spartanleathers.com

I'll soon be in the market for a racing suit, and all the reviews I've found seem to be good. Here's one... Spartan Charge Review

Here are some of pics of the suit I'm interested in, but I'll do the colors a little differently if I order one.

Spartan Chargev2.jpg

Spartan Chargev2_rear.jpg

Spartan Chargev2.jpg

Spartan Chargev2_rear.jpg

I like mine. the only thing I would do diferently is have a seamstress mesure me for them. I got the 2 peice and have had them for 3.5 years and one off ( I made it to the grass before I droped it at about 50ish ). I got all the perferations I could and they breath really well ( I wear them all summer ).

3htpedit.jpg

doniton2 said:
I like mine. the only thing I would do diferently is have a seamstress mesure me for them. I got the 2 peice and have had them for 3.5 years and one off ( I made it to the grass before I droped it at about 50ish ). I got all the perferations I could and they breath really well ( I wear them all summer ).

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that you like them. I was also concerned about getting the sizing right, but I'm close enough that I'd probably just take a day trip and let the folks at Spartan do my measurements directly.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

Daniel are you looking at the one-piece or two-piece?

I'm not completely sure yet. I like the convenience of the two-piece, but I like the looks and extra strength of the one-piece. I might have told you about that two-piece that I bought around the time of my crash. The midsection seemed really bulky where the two sections zip together, and I didn't like that.

I guess I'm leaning toward the one-piece for now. I'll have to try one of Keith's patented Bungie Belts. :thumbsup:

Just read their website, seems like a great company with good prices.

That's the impression I've been getting as well. I was looking at Pilot Leathers at first, but they are more expensive and too far away to let them do my measurements in person.

I am calling them tomorrow to set up an appointment to have them take my measurements. I have been thinking about Spartan for a couple of days and I find this post. Must be a sign:laugh: I am getting the Elite suit custom made.

I am calling them tomorrow to set up an appointment to have them take my measurements. I have been thinking about Spartan for a couple of days and I find this post. Must be a sign:laugh: I am getting the Elite suit custom made.

Good stuff! I'd like to see what you end up with. :beerchug:

DanS said:

Damn it Dan were your custom leathers stolen with your Busa in AL? That sucks bro looked like a nice set.

Damn it Dan were your custom leathers stolen with your Busa in AL? That sucks bro looked like a nice set.

Yes they were. Along with my helmet, boots, 2 pairs of gloves, back and chest protector, Iphone3, and gear bag.:banghead: Basically everything in my avatar was stolen.:banghead: I have so far replaced helmet, boots, and gloves. Oh yea...the bike too.:laugh:

Yes they were. Along with my helmet, boots, 2 pairs of gloves, back and chest protector, Iphone3, and gear bag.:banghead: Basically everything in my avatar was stolen.:banghead: I have so far replaced helmet, boots, and gloves. Oh yea...the bike too.:laugh:

That just sucks. I'm sorry, man.

Unless things have changed the leathers are made in Itily. The guy you deal with here is just a middle man but he did take care of me very well and I am totally satisfied with my leathers.

doniton2 said:
Unless things have changed the leathers are made in Itily. The guy you deal with here is just a middle man but he did take care of me very well and I am totally satisfied with my leathers.

Their website says made in Pakistan???

Edit: the review site says that...:banghead:
wBW Review: Spartan Charge 2.0 Leather Suit

Manufacturer: Spartan Leathers List Price:$550.00

Colors: Two-Piece: Black with gray accents. One-Piece: Black with white accents. Made In: Pakistan

Review Date: July 2011

Note: Item was provided by a retailer, distributor or manufacturer with these Terms and Conditions.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Hmm... I wonder if maybe that's just where the leather comes from. I know a lot of leather motorcycle gear is made in Pakistan though. I'll have to ask about that when I talk with them.

MAKE SURE you get your measurements take WITH THE PROTECTORS (BACK AND CHEST) ON THAT YOU ARE GOING TO WEAR!!! I had to buy a second suit because I failed to heed this!

skydivr said:
MAKE SURE you get your measurements take WITH THE PROTECTORS (BACK AND CHEST) ON THAT YOU ARE GOING TO WEAR!!! I had to buy a second suit because I failed to heed this!

Yes! I learned that lesson from you. Thanks.

Keith, don't you wear an Icon Stryker vest? How do you like it? I just tried one on at Cycle Gear, and it felt a lot like my BR vest. Comforting. :thumbsup:

Back