What ive done...so far

spudkinks

Registered
just wanted to post some pics of my '06 showing the things ive done so far.

new levers straight from China - really happy with them!
IMG_20110312_213753.jpg

new rear seat! thank you Ludicrous and $40 ebay Grab bar--you can also see my set of Dand D's, got those for $90 shipped on ebay.
IMG_20110312_213923.jpg

last but not least, my t-rex cut sliders
IMG_20110312_213823.jpg

nice mods. looks like you did a great job of installing the sliders :thumbsup:

that was scary! i used the cat toy laser stacked on a speaker, a quart paint can, and a book method. cutting a 2" hole in nicest bike Ive ever owned made me real nervous...patience prevailed

You should have said that you wanted a grab rail, I had a brand new one that had only been on the bike one time, I woulda thrown it in with the seat!:rofl:

got my $25 double bubble yesterday....not a perfect fit, but it was a perfect price...and I can see the top of the cluster now

IMG_20110325_135654.jpg

IMG_20110325_135702.jpg

IMG_20110325_135741.jpg

...now I need top get ahold of some gsxr1k mirrors.

sent from someone else's rocket ship

I was lookin at these pics and thought.. wow.. my bikes pics are here.. but alas.. close but not mine.. looks sweet tho..
I did the hump storage mod and knotched it for grab bar.. did the Buell peg conversion, flashed the ECU for more go power.. and ordered in the hong hong version levers that look identical to those on this bike for $40.. rain finally stopped so got to get her out today and see how that ECU flash worked.. and wow.. what a difference.. cheers :beerchug:

thought after to add a pic.. dont see where it lets me edit it to do so..

Last edited:
Just finished a quick exhaust repack and "reman" replacement D & D badges are $40 a pair (seems expensive to me)...a little paint and $13 bucks at Lowes...we'll see how they sound...about $115 into it now with the cost of the pipes on ebay

IMG_20110329_180417.jpg

sent from someone else's rocket ship

pipes look good man. I see what you mean with the Double bubble not an exact fit. bummer. I wonder if they all fit like that... I was thinking of getting one but not if it don't fit correctly..:whistle:

Pashnit has the GSXR 1000 mirrors brand new for $40. I am waiting for the credit card to die down a little before I buy anything else though:rofl:

Back