Ordered new cruise control today...

For the tach signal, you can use one of these Tach Signal Adapter - Schnitz Electronics
catalog.asp

I will have to look into the brake light tap, I would also like to hook this up without splicing into anything. Like you, my CCS-100 is still in a box on my work bench.

Sous - Thanks for the heads-up! :thumbsup:
That adapter setup is almost half the combined cost of the two Delphi coil connectors.

If you could, when you get started on installing yours, can you let us know how your install goes and if you have the time post a write up?

Sure, I can do a write-up and post detailed instructions. I am not sure when I can get to the job though, it will be before spring in Georgia though as I ride 120 mile round trip to work and need to get this done for that.

I was hoping that some of the other Gen II folks that have done it would post up a close up pic of the throttle linkage and how they hooked to it. Either way, I will do what I can to help others install this great mod.

I will have to look into the brake light tap, I would also like to hook this up without splicing into anything. Like you, my CCS-100 is still in a box on my work bench.

The prior owner of my '06 installed a undertail kit so I don't know what the stock connector looks like or if there was one to begin with. It appears that the prior owner just clipped off what was there and soldered on the new tail light wires. So if I need to pull the rear cowl, like now to install the cruise servo, I have to leave the undertail resting on the tire. I'm so looking forward to having a connector for the tail lights!

Rusheriv, are you going to get a brake light tap connector from bmotorsports? I was on there looking for something for the Gen II brake light, but was not able to find anything for my application. I would also be very interested in this tap and it would make my install write-up that much easier.

Sous - I'm still looking, but think I will end up getting the connector from bmotorsports. It's a 6 pin connector and from what I'm seeing on my '06 and wire diagram all I need is 5 pins. So I'm pretty sure that it'll work and look stock.

I'm guessing things may be different on your Gen II if the tail lights haven't been changed. Best I can tell from pics in the service manual your tail light has a 3 or 4 pin connector, turn and tag lights are separate.

I will have to get in there and check it out. I would like to use an inline plug of sorts and tap into the brake wire that way.

I had my bike apart this afternoon and thought I would take a shot of how I connected the linkage from the cruise to the cables on the GenII

With the audiovox there is a small bracket that is included...

cruise.jpg

cruise.jpg

Captain, thanks for the picture you posted, this does address a concern that we all have. Due to the weather and a busy schedule, I still have my CCS-100 in a box on my tool bench.

By looking at the pictures, it looks like you have modified the supplied bracket with a twist and by attaching it to the center nut holding the throttle linkage in place?

Also, it is hard to see how the chain attaches to the bracket, but it seems there may be a slot or position for the chain to rest in while connected?

it looks like you have modified the supplied bracket with a twist and by attaching it to the center nut holding the throttle linkage in place?

That is correct, the twist is to make the pull straight.

it is hard to see how the chain attaches to the bracket, but it seems there may be a slot or position for the chain to rest in while connected?
Correct again, that bracket has a few indentions so that the chain rest in place and you press the metal clips around the chain making it one piece...

Thanks for the reply Captain, I am nearly finished building my garage, then I can take the time to do the $2K worth of mods I have in a box.

So did your kits come with any instructions? like dip switch settings and such? general wiring?

What dip switch settings did you go with on the Gen II?

Thanks!

I have not had the chance to install mine yet, but I was going to go off of the recommendations on the Org with back up being from the manual. Maybe Captain could provide more information for us as he is one of the few Gen II users that has posted about the CCS-100 specifics.

Well, I found the manual online since mine did not come with one but as of right now, the only thing that is confusing me is the dip switch settings.

I will post the dip switch settings tonight

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1, 4 AND 7 ARE SET ON,,,, THE REST TO OFF.
If you would like some of my notes, send an email address to me.

ok 2 more questions and I think i got it.

1. Where did you hook up the power lead for the control module?

2. For the Brake Relay, did you hook the signal wire to the W/B wire going to the rear brake light? I think thats the one that goes hot when the brakes are pushed.

Back